Thread: Source for flexible vac hose?

Source for flexible vac hose?

I am installing a dust collection system I bought from shopvac for some of my smaller benchtop tools, the kit comes with clear pipe and blast gates, I am looking for a source for hose to make the connection from blast gate to the dust ports on my router table,sand flee,belt disc sander etc. The blast gates are 2.5 inch and designed for insertion of a vac hose,my problom is that the only hoses I can find are 8-10 foot in length, would prefer to find shorter complete assemblies as oppossed to cutting the longer lengths and trying to find appropriate fittings.Doe's anyone know where I can find shorter hoses w/vac fittings. Thanks

A few years ago, I found that the replacement hoses made by Shop-Vac have easily removeable (and reinstallable) fittings. I was able to shorten the hose to exactly the length I wanted, reinstall a fitting, and I was good to go. Hope this helps.

Don

I picked some up at Woodcraft. http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=1668

They have them as a kit or separately. Cut the hose to any length you need. The end fittings just screw on. The hose is a lighter weight but much more flexible than the typical standard ones. I wouldn't expect it to hold up if dragged around the floor with the vac all the time, but so far it's been more than adequate for a fixed or semi-fixed install.
    - Tom

I thought there was a discussion of this, here, not too long ago. There was some "crushproof" or "crush resistant" hose, that is on Ebay, and elsewhere (Amazon), that is for shop-vac's or Car wash vacuums.

Quote Originally Posted by Randal Stevenson View Post
    I thought there was a discussion of this, here, not too long ago. There was some "crushproof" or "crush resistant" hose, that is on Ebay, and elsewhere (Amazon), that is for shop-vac's or Car wash vacuums.
    I think it's all pretty much crush resistant, but hose that uses a thiner jacket to acheive flexibility will compress longitudinally under vacum. No big deal for a tool hookup (just cut a bit long), but definitely annoying for portable use when your 10' hose turns into a 6' when you switch on the vac.
    - Tom

I suggest that you contact Dick Wynn and Wynn Envionmental. Telephone #215-442-9443

Based on the information in the other vacumm thread I called Dick and discussed the same issues with him late last week. The hose I am using on my CNC router tends to collapse/compress when my dust collector is running so I am looking for a better quality hose to use in my shop. Dick sent me samples, I received them Saturday and I am sure I will be ordering the urethane hose from them tomorrow. What I need is a very flexible hose that won't collapse and is durable. The samples Dick sent me are just the ticket.

Last edited by Keith Outten; 04-14-2008 at 7:04 AM.

Woodcraft sells this

I am using this for my router table, and benchtop table saw (note the 2.5 inch further down on the page). http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx...=20173&pcs=fam

Works great, when connected to my DC using a 4 inch adaptor.

Thanks for the replies.