Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ridgid Model TS3650 Table Saw opinions?

I once saw a nice online pictorial of how to do this. I will look if I have a chance. If I recall correctly, the writer said it didn't make a huge difference.

I installed a 1/2" plywood bottom in the cabinet. I cut a hole in the plywood, and hung a 4"x10" register boot just below the factory supplied dust shroud outlet. I hook up my 4" collector hose to the register boot (be sure you get one with a 4" round connection), and it pulls the vast majority of the dust out of the cabinet, whether the saw is at 90 or 45 degrees. Some of the dust ends up laying on the plywood, but nothing comes out of the cabinet as long as the DC is turned on. I also blocked off a portion of the back of the cabinet which increases the volume and perhaps the velocity of the air coming through the balance of the openings. I think this helps draw the dust into the register boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hoppe View Post
    I once saw a nice online pictorial of how to do this. I will look if I have a chance. If I recall correctly, the writer said it didn't make a huge difference.
    This might be what you're thinking of:
    http://benchmark.20m.com/tools/Ridgi...ification.html

Tom how did you attach the plywood to the cabinet? Thanks for your help.

Ken

I recently sold mine after 5 years of hard use and there's not a day that goes by that I don't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Hello,
    I'm looking at the Ridgid TS3650 due to the sale HD is having right now/the fact that I have $225.00 in HD gift cards.
    The reviews on the HD website are nothing short of glowing - avg. rating is 4.9 out of 5.
    The only real complaint anyone has is the lack of a factory dado insert.

With all the features listed, this seems to be an extraordinary deal for the money - $549 minus $100 sale minus $225 Gift cards = $224.

Hello,
    I recently sold mine after 5 years of hard use and there's not a day that goes by that I don't miss it.
    I've only had mine for a year now (time sure flies!) and I can easily relate to that.

It's a heck of a lot of saw for not a lot of money.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White View Post
    I wish I could say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lefkowitz View Post
    Does anyone have any idea how to increase the size of the dust shroud to 4 inches for a dust collector? Or are there adapters to place on the end of the existing shroud.

Ken
    Check out the latest FWW, there's a great article on improving TS dust collection and a plan for contractor's saws.

I have had my 3660 for 4 mos now, and love it. I added a ZCI that I bought online, and a Forrest WWII blade. The Herculift is fussy to install, but it makes moving the saw very easy.

For anyone in my area, my local HD in Jensen Beach, FL has a couple left way up high in the racks.

The plywood sits on the lip at the bottom of the cabinet. I used two pieces of plywood with the seam going left to right. I initially cut one piece, but there was not enough clearance to fit the piece in place. So I cut in in half, and they fit right in. I placed a strip about 2" wide across the seam on the outside of the bottom, which is screwed into both halves. This holds the bottom pieces together and in place. I used 1/2" plywood, but 1/4" or 3/8" would also work. You could also use a piece of sheet metal.

I will try to take photos tonight. However, I'm going out of town tomorrow morning for the weekend, so I may have honeydo's that become my main priority this evening. If I don't post them, send me a PM, and I'll do it when I get back.

Thanks for the help guys. This dust collection thing is absolutely confusing.

Ken