Thread: Older Bosch trim router, terrible base--any fixes?

Older Bosch trim router, terrible base--any fixes?

I have an older Bosch trim router model 060 1608, 5.6 A, actually it was the second tool my Dad bought me for Christmas once I left home. I love the router (motor), but the base height adjustment is just TERRIBLE! The base is held only on one side of the router, you loosen a hold-down screw and adjust a very sloppy knurled nut to move the whole bottom up and down on a wee threaded rod... meanwhile, you can't measure it because the whole bottom tilts back and forth 20 degrees until it's re-locked down at some random angle...

Does anyone know of a better base for this router, or a way to improve this? I am just so tired of making 5 trial and error cuts ever time I try to do 1/4" roundovers....
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

I can't answer your question directly but here's my solution.

I have a couple of Harbor Freight trim routers that are at least a cut or two below your Bosch, but only cost me about $20 each.

One is permanently set up with a 45 deg edge trim bit and the other with a 1/4 inch bead bit.

Anything else I want to use a small router for is handled by a Bosch Colt. I love the thing. I might just get another with the multiple base setup.