Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vista Drivers

Vista Drivers

Hi All,
    I am looking to update my Laser PC with a new Vista based PC. Does anyone know if drivers exist for the Pinnacle M series? I have checked the Singwarehouse web site and sent an email request for info. Thought I would check here as well.

Thanks,
    Bob Wilson

Per GCC, this driver is the only M Series I that is vista compatible.

Click here It is version 3.53.

They do not plan on making another version for the M Series I that is compatible.
    Kevin W. Huffman II
    Pinnacle Laser

Anyone still have this driver? Thanks in advance.
    Bill Parker
    Pinnacle M-25
    CorelDraw X4
    EngraveLab 6.1

According to Laserprona this is also for vista. ( see attached file )
    Also try this link, they have a lot of drivers for all the machine models.
    http://www.jorlink.com/page.aspx?page_id=49
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hmmmmm could not get any of those to work. Anyone know if Vista 64-bit needs different drivers vs 32-bit?
    Bill Parker
    Pinnacle M-25
    CorelDraw X4
    EngraveLab 6.1

Bill,

I think there is a difference in drivers as there are a lot of printers that will ask for 32 vs 64 when installing them....Just my 2¢ worth...
    Epilog Mini 24 - 50 watt with Rotary Attachment
    Gravograph (New Hermes) M-40 Rotary Engraver
    Gravograph (New Hermes) M-40G Rotary Engraver with Rotary Base Fixture
    Ricoh GelSprinter GX e7700N Dye-Sublimation Printer
    George Knight DK-20S Heat Press
    George Knight DK-3 Mug Press (x2)

Corel X7; Photograv 3.03; LaserExpress, Adobe CS5.5
    Vinyl Express GRC-61 - 24" Vinyl Cutter
    And other stuff I don't know how to use

Please note, that driver only works on 32bit Vista!
    Hope it helps

Blog Entries
    MS is claiming a ship date of late June next year for Vista's successor... considering the lack of interest in Vista by most and MS practically admitting Vista was half-assed, I expect support for Vista drivers to be somewhat lacking compared to something like XP. I'm curious to see what the next version will do to the driver world...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

With every store that flogs computers selling nothing but Vista, I wonder what a projected new operating system will do to computer sales?

Just a note, I recently turned on the shop computer, with my 500gig usb hard drive plugged in, and up popped a window that said windows XP has seen a 'significant' change in the system hardware "please re-register your software" or it stops working in three days..
    The miserable rotten @#$#$@#$.. I re registered, (just my name and address.. nothing else) and all was ok again.. Big brother 'is' watching..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Both Vista and the new OS (Windows 7) will use the same drivers. And yes 32-bit drivers are different than 64-bit drivers. You cant run 32-bit drivers on vista 64. Same will be true for Windows7.

While many keep harping about vista. They are totaly off base. Ever since Service Pack 1 it has been a very stable OS. The 64-bit version has one other feature.

All Vista 64-bit OS's require certified Drivers. IE a manufacture just can create a driver and release it. It has to go through testing and certification. This makes the 64-bit Vista OS's very very stable.

On my system I have had it running for as long as 6-months without a reboot and I am running a liquid cooled Quad 4Ghz system which is probalbly not the most stable thing in the world to begin with.

Normaly the only time I have to reboot the thing is when I install something that requires it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Simpson Virgina View Post
    While many keep harping about vista. They are totaly off base. Ever since Service Pack 1 it has been a very stable OS.
    Even before that Michael, provided you did a lot of tweaks. I am running Vista on a laptop and it was a real pig in the beginning, but after many many hours of scouring the Registry and Control Panel programs. It has been very stable for almost a year.

Having said that in defense of Vista it is appalling that it needed all that work to get it to behave like a real operating system.

As to 64-bit driver certification, that is only going to put up the price of software. With each revision of a driver it will have to be re-certified and that ain't gonna happen in 2 minutes or for free. Instead of being able to release an emergency patch to a driver we will be waiting weeks to months for it. Be careful what you wish for.

The forced certification sounds like a revenue gathering exercise to me by removing the option from the user to run an un-certified driver. If the OS was robust enough it should not matter to anything else running if a poorly written driver crashes that one application.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cunningham View Post
    Just a note, I recently turned on the shop computer, with my 500gig usb hard drive plugged in, and up popped a window that said windows XP has seen a 'significant' change in the system hardware "please re-register your software" or it stops working in three days..
    The miserable rotten @#$#$@#$.. I re registered, (just my name and address.. nothing else) and all was ok again.. Big brother 'is' watching..
    They deliberately confuse you on this bit, you do NOT need to register (i.e., give your ID info to them), just "activate" (or re-activate in this case) that key code. Not obvious at all from the pop-up screen. You don't get as rich as Bill Gates by playing nice.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnson29 View Post
    Even before that Michael, provided you did a lot of tweaks. I am running Vista on a laptop and it was a real pig in the beginning, but after many many hours of scouring the Registry and Control Panel programs. It has been very stable for almost a year.
    Only if you were one of the lucky ones... before SP1, putting Vista to sleep on many systems (6 out of 10 in a test after it hit RTM) corrupted the hard drive. Nasty little bastich! My "new" computer sat in pieces for just over a year while I tried to find time to fix it (i.e., figure out what the real problem was). Some new, lower voltage memory and a revised motherboard made the system stable, but it would require scrapping the entire OS if I allowed it to sleep. The kernel was ****ed every time it woke up because the write-back cache was FUBAR'ed.

I'm running SP2 RC, and I'm liking it a lot better, but it was a frustrating row to hoe getting here...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Simpson Virgina View Post
    I am running a liquid cooled Quad 4Ghz system TBateson
    OK, April fools is over. Unless we all had that kind of computing power, Vista is a dog. On an Average laptop/desktop Vista can't hold a candle to XP Pro.

I was a beta tester for both XP and Windows7. Skipped Vista for obvious reasons. However I have used Vista on my laptop for the past year & have now blown it away in favor of XP Pro. I'm still using my XP Pro Beta CD & applying all of the SPs. I have now run Vista, Windows7 and XP Pro on this same laptop. The worst was Vista, with XP working a bit better. Windows7 blew them both away. Neither XP Pro or Windows7 caused the overheating problems I had with Vista.

As I stated in another thread, I am VERY impressed with Windows7. I'd prefer to use it now, but it's due to expire in a few months. I'll have no problems buying release 1 of the 64bit version.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

If you take a very high perfmance machine. IE my main system is a Quad 4Ghz system. Its also running 2 seperate high speed Raid systems.

Not a whole lot of difference running XP Pro or Vista. That said if you are running a 1Ghz system with 1GB or less of memory and a slow hard drive. vista is going to crawl.

I have one of those mall 7" Netbooks Its only 1.6Gz and its running XP. Its pretty darn fast for as small as it is. I would not dream of running Vista on it.

Somthing else I found out. I have a Dual 2.4Ghz laptop running Vista. Its a dog. Not because of Vista but because of all the HP OEM Crap thats on it. I went out and purchased a full version of Vista Ultimate and installed it on the laptop and it runs like a bat out of He...

Enven that 7" Laptop was a dog untill I reinstalled my own copy of XP Pro.

I was a hold out for XP for a long time after Vista was released but now I can live with out it. From what I read Windows7 will even fix more of the issues that should have been fixed in Vista.