Thread: Need help designing a new bar...

Need help designing a new bar...

Here's the story.. My FIL was asked to loan some folks some money that own a bar/restaurant who got into a financial bind. To make the story shorter, they stopped paying the loan back to the FIL and now he will most likely be the new owner of the bar in a few weeks after a few months in court. The place is a dump from what I understand because I haven't been there in a long time. It's actually a decent sized place but the bar that you sit at is not designed very well. The bar has 2 square sections that stick out from the straight portion of the rest of the which makes the bartender have to walk farther than neccessary to serve your drinks. I need an idea on websites or design books for the construction of a new bar which will be about 30-35 feet long or so..
    Michael Gibbons

I think I like opening day of deer season more than any udder day of the year. It's like Christmas wit guns. - Remnar Soady

That bear is going to eat him alive. Go help him! That bear doesn't need any help! - The Three Stooges

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gibbons View Post
    Here's the story.. My FIL was asked to loan some folks some money that own a bar/restaurant who got into a financial bind. To make the story shorter, they stopped paying the loan back to the FIL and now he will most likely be the new owner of the bar in a few weeks after a few months in court. The place is a dump from what I understand because I haven't been there in a long time. It's actually a decent sized place but the bar that you sit at is not designed very well. The bar has 2 square sections that stick out from the straight portion of the rest of the which makes the bartender have to walk farther than neccessary to serve your drinks. I need an idea on websites or design books for the construction of a new bar which will be about 30-35 feet long or so..
    I got my ideas / inspiration from 'visiting' other bars. You can generally see the positives and workflow and how it works with your space.

Try these sites for ideas:
    http://www.wlbars.com/commercial.php
    http://whbars.com/search1.cfm?custtype=Commercial
    http://www.harbourhouse.com/

Or you can pick this beauty up:
    30FTBAR

Or jsut google search images
    Joe

"Is that you, Baxter? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain?"