Thread: Fence for Powermatic 141/143

Fence for Powermatic 141/143

I have both a Powermatic 141 and Powermatic 143. The 141 has a Kreg fence installed but the 143 has none. The Kreg system seems less than ideal. Do any of your know of another manufacturer of fences for the bandsaws? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    I have both a Powermatic 141 and Powermatic 143. The 141 has a Kreg fence installed but the 143 has none. The Kreg system seems less than ideal. Do any of your know of another manufacturer of fences for the bandsaws? Thank you.
    What issues do you have with the Kreg?
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I had a Kreg on my 141 for yrs w/no problems and very happy with it until I purchase an original from Van.Just wanted the right vintage is all----Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    What issues do you have with the Kreg?
    Deflection, difficult to stay square and true, height. The positive aspect is the micro-adjustment. I was hoping Woodpeckers made one.

You might look at the EZ square from Peachtree. It isn't very pretty to look at but is pretty robust, connects on a front and rear rail. It allows for easy connection of a tall auxillary fence (but then so does the Kreg).

The best fence for a bandsaw is the Laguna Driftmaster, there just isn't anything lese in its class. It is expensive and on the heavy end for a 14" saw though.

I wonder if there is anything defective about your fence, I haven't heard of many people that don't like their Kreg.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Looking for original fence for Powermatic 143

Wondering if anyone might have a lead or any info on obtaining the original fence set up for Powermatic 143. It's a green one from the 70s.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rother View Post
    Wondering if anyone might have a lead or any info on obtaining the original fence set up for Powermatic 143. It's a green one from the 70s.

Thanks
    If you PM your e-mail address, I can forward the manual for the 143 to you. The fence for both the 141 and 143 are interchangeable. Most folks have updated the fence though.

You should have about six e-mail attachments with all the 141/143 pdf files including part numbers. Good luck on your quest.

Thanks again!
    let the hunt begin...

I think I may have an original fence from a 141 from the early 60's. Anyone have a picture so I will know for sure it is the correct fence.

11. Bobby,

Did you ever get a response to your question about the 141 fence? Here is a link to a diagram on what a powermatic 141/143 fence should look.

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/pow...04_173284.html143_WW_5.gif