Thread: Drumsanders

Drumsanders

Fairly new at this business of trying to make wood into things that you wouldn't want to burn in the fireplace!

Been looking at drumsanders and would like something fairly wide for some upcoming projects. I could go with the Woodmaster single 37" or even the 50", but what do I give up by getting a single drum sander rather than a dual drum. I don't care about the dual drum and would rather spend the money for extra width, UNLESS there is a real savings of time.

Those of you who have drum sanders, what is your experience?

Thanks....

Gary

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sutherland
    Fairly new at this business of trying to make wood into things that you wouldn't want to burn in the fireplace!

Been looking at drumsanders and would like something fairly wide for some upcoming projects. I could go with the Woodmaster single 37" or even the 50", but what do I give up by getting a single drum sander rather than a dual drum. I don't care about the dual drum and would rather spend the money for extra width, UNLESS there is a real savings of time.

Thanks....

Gary
    Gary

Please don't take this the wrong way but... I've been playing around with woodworking now for over 20 years and I still don't have a drumsander. I wouldn't mind something like the performax or delta 16/32 models let alone something up to 50". I have done quite a bit of work over the years and finished it off with my hand sander. What kind of equipment do you have now and what kind of woodworking are you doing that needs that level of equipment?

50" Woodmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sutherland

Thanks....

Gary
    Gary, I have the "50" Woodmaster and am very impressed with it for cabinet doors and panels plus other glued up parts. With 100 grit it will do a fine job of sizing a part and quickly change over to 150 will sand it ready for paint or ready for ros sanding for stain. It is not a wide-belt, but no way could I afford a 50" widebelt for the cost. Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images