Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shop vacuum recommendations

The Festool 6- and 9-gal Festool CT-22 and CT-33 are $490 and $530, respectively, everywhere I've looked. The 2.5-gal Festool "Mini" is $330. My 18-gal Shop-Vac 962-18-00 is $125 at my local Ace Hardware.

It's hard to compare spec's since they only spec max suction and volume and not a suction at a particular CFM. The Shop-Vac is spec'd at 65 inches of suction and 185 CFM, while the Festool is spec'd at 90 inches of suction and 134 CFM.

I would guess that the Festools would be quieter (72 dba ain't bad) while the Shop-Vac spec simply says "Quiet" (which I would consider a screamer).

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Will View Post
    I have owned about 8 shop vacs. Looking back over the years, the ones that had the longest service life (and still going) were the commercial models with a metal tank. IMHO, the extra weight and larger wheels are a positive thing. The stainless steel model at Lowes is worth looking at.

Rob
    Yep ...I agree. I splurged and got the wd19500 last year with the stainless tank ( I have been known to procrastinate dumping the water after using as a water sucker) For its strength, (12amp) It is reasonably quiet. The tool holder bag is actually useful,the primary hose is 10 feet long and more flexible than most. The water drain is conveniant .The accessory collection is actually pretty complete.The line cord is plenty long..and it works with the large "Shop-Vac" bags . It even has an exhaust port. For a closer look,see the manual here. http://www.ridgidparts.com/pdf/WD19500.pdf