Thread: Tea, Cubed

Tea, Cubed

This is the latest in my teapot series. I started this at the Charlotte Woodturner’s club during a demonstration on April 17th and finally finished it this past week. The main body and finial is cherry and the feet and cube is blackwood. The handle was pieced and carved to be part of the body and the feet are seated below the surface. The carved finial twists up to a setting which holds the blackwood cube at the top.

The piece is approximately 7 inches long, 6 inches tall from foot to finial and about 5 inches wide. It is finished with lacquer and hand buffed.

Thanks for taking a look. Comments and Critiques welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Raymond Overman
    Happiness is a warm chainsaw

"Do not wait, the time will never be just right. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command. Better tools will be found as you go along." Napolean Hill

Nice!

I really like the look of this project. I've only been into turning for about a month, but have learned a lot in that time, and really enjoy it. I like the contrast between the colors of the cherry and blackwood, and between the roundness of the pot and sharpness of the cubes.

Ray,
    This is a fun and happy piece. I love the whole concept. What would you think if the foot cubes were bigger?

Burt

That's adorable, Ray!!!! I agree with Burt...it's a very cheerful piece. Wonderful!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

That is to cool Raymond. I really like it. Great project.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Ray - another great fantasy piece! Lot the color and texture contrasts! Very nice - sure to grab lots of attention!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Ray, this will hold water, and I think of it as art. I like the design, wood, color, and the thought you have put into the piece. Thanks for sharring it with us.
    Glenn Hodges
    Nashville, Georgia

"Would you believe the only time I ever make mistakes is when someone is watching?"

Thanks for all the comments guys. I appreciate the feedback.
    Raymond Overman
    Happiness is a warm chainsaw

"Do not wait, the time will never be just right. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command. Better tools will be found as you go along." Napolean Hill

That's a real inspiring piece Ray - A very pleasing design and the combination of wood colours really set the piece off, my only comment is I think a slightly smaller blackwood cube on top would have made it even more elegant, its still a excellent nonetheless.
    David

Very Classy Ray!

I really like the concept!
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf