Thread: Oneida and Customer Service

Oneida and Customer Service

Hi Guys and Gals,

Finally got me workshop set up with my new tools, SawStop, GI Jointer and GI Planer. Unfortunately, I've been down with the flu for the past few weeks so haven't been able to fully enjoy my new play area yet, but now that I'm feeling better I've started to do the dreaded DC research so I can finally turn those babies on :-)

I think I've decided the Oneida Portable Cyclone is my best bet as my space is limited (got carried away with the extention table length on my saw, oops :-) )

Customer Service is crucially important to me, being a newbie and needindg support. I emailed Oneida asking them if the had a Canadian dealer, that I was interested in the Portable, and have yet to hear back from anyone. To me, that is a huge red flag, if you can't support your potential customers how what are you going to do once you have their money?

I've been researching this forum and have found a few mentions of Oneida not responding to emails. Can anyone comment on the company as far as support and customer service go? I can see most are happy with the product, but the CS is as important, in my opinion.

Thanks to all!

Barb

Try giving them a call. They have been very helpful when I've talked to them, never tried an E-mail.
    Jack

......sure, give them a call
    ...... about six months ago I signed up on the Oneida website to receive their catalog, received it promptly (and it is a well detailed catalog) and about a month or two later received a polite, "no pressure" phone call from Oneida regarding whether I was prepared to buy

....the name of founder of Oneida is Robert Witter and his pix is on the inside cover of their catalog; his message ends "Call today or visit; Ask Us what we can do for you".

..... I've read here and on other woodworking sites that phone calls to "management" at Oneida gets problems and any lack of earlier responses addressed promptly....

....Syracuse, New York, is not far from the Toronto area

good luck

michael

Welbeck Sawmill near Durham carries the Oneida line. They are very good to work with and very helpful. If you have never been there, it is quite a surprise. Almost literally in the middle of nowhere, and it's a woodworker's paradise. Lots and lots of selection and very helpful staff.

Hans
    "There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in"

Thanks Hans, I actually just heard back from Oneida and they gave me Welback's contact info. Guess I was impatient :-) Will call them soon!