Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corel X4: How to convert text to single vector line?

Duane

That works but it is still an outline rather than a single line font.

As someone else has said earlier I don't know how much use single line fonts would be for laser engraving. In 10 years I can't think of a time when I needed them.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I need them to number the vector cut parts on a kit sheet. I forgot to try the suggestions last night. I have a deadline to get a model sample out the door, then I start working on the instructions so some numbering will come then.

-Robert Ray

Rob, is this what you are trying to do? If so, I just made those in vector. Arial with (fill color empty, outline color linked to a mapped color with 40% speed and 3% power, so it would just burn the surface, and vector active and rastering inactive)
    They don't take much time to burn.
    Or maybe I don't understand your needed end results.

Ben

Last edited by Ben Levesque; 05-13-2008 at 10:00 PM.

Hi Ben, that's just about what I am trying to do. It don't take that long really, I was just hoping there was a way in Corel to convert any font into a vector line.

Is that another new house kit I see Ben?

-Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Ray View Post
    Is that another new house kit I see Ben?
    -Robert
    I wish! It's the old Billy one. Didn't have time to play on other project for a wile now.

I understand what you want to do now, drawing your numbers by hand in advance is the best solution, I come from Autocad, and going to Corel, I used to draw my numbers beside and always copied them where needed. So by default I do the same thing in Corel. I always keep beside all numbers and letters needed, I am sure it is faster than opening a new text box and type in your letters.

Ben

I've needed the facility once so far- someone wanted 'Madeleine' inscribed on a tiny area of a lady-sized watch (somewhat less than 1mm high and about 4mm across).
    I ended up getting text the size I wanted, and tracing the centreline manually in red so it showed up. I ended up doing it twice, because CorelDraw does freaky pointy stuff if you change direction suddenly when you're working down at that size.
    Being able to Centreline trace the letters would have been much easier...but on the trace quality in X3 I'd probably have ended up doing it manually anyway.

Incidentally, I didn't go over the edge with the inscription- that's the angle the photo was taken at plus the depth of the glass. It's exactly in the centre of the area if you look at it straight on. He shoots! He scores! I couldn't even see it when it was finished- I had to take a photo and blow it up to make sure it was right. Getting old.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Darren Null; 05-14-2008 at 7:43 PM.