Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How are you going to spend your tax rebate money?

Blog Entries

How are you going to spend your tax rebate money?

George wants us to spend our tax rebate check on consumer goods rather than putting it in a savings account or even paying down debt. So I'm thinking NEW TOOLS!!!!!! My wife wants some of it though . "We" have decided to get matching office chairs with some of it, so that is going to chew up about $500 of it, then she gets $500 and I get $500. I was thinking I might get one of those hanging Jet air cleaners that amazon has on for around $200 after rebate or maybe 2 of them. My shop is 30X42 with the main room being 30X30 with a 9ft ceiling. I was thinking that one might not be enough for that large of an area and I should have enough tax money for 2. But if I only got one I could get something else that might be a little sexier.

Do you have any plans for your tax rebate?
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Well, we have a leaking air handler up in the attic that is rusted out on the bottom and splashing condensation water beyond the emergency pan, thus getting the ceiling and all it's contents wet. So all of our rebate will go to that (and then some). Maybe cooling the house will be less expensive this summer. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

What tax rebate check? LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Ours is going to go to our local Roadrunner food bank for the homeless, charity.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Fixing momma's car that was damaged by me hitting a deer on the way home Wednesday night.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock View Post
    Fixing momma's car that was damaged by me hitting a deer on the way home Wednesday night.
    Dennis,
    This has happened to me 3 times! The last time, a car in front of me on the interstate hit the deer sending it straight up into the dark night air. I thought to myself, poor guy, hope it didn't do too much damage to his car or its occupants. Then out of the night sky it seemed to be raining deer!!! as it came down right in front of me! I slammed on the brakes , but it was too late and wham deer parts go everywhere. Luckily my wifes new mini-van was still drivable, and we weren't hurt, but there was about $4000 worth of damage to the vehicle. I guess that's the price we pay for living in deer country.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The LOML has been making serious hints of me buying the jointer I want. I think it's time for a little Grizzley green to added to the orange, yellow and grey in the shop.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    Do you have any plans for your tax rebate?
    Mutual funds.
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS
    USA

My wife has suggested a new dishwasher, one with the stainless steel insides and quiet. I'll probably go along with that.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

You must have EARNED income, SS, or DAV benefits. Alas, I have none of the above, pensions do not count as interest income is also not considered EARNED. I will be paying not getting. I could say more but..............
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

A chunk of mine is subsidizing a milling machine payment in Ron Brese' shop.
    Use the fence Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Shepard View Post
    A chunk of mine is subsidizing a milling machine payment in Ron Brese' shop.
    Money well spent. The only thing better would be if it were in your shop!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

My tax refund is the result of stashing cash into my RRSP to generate a tax credit.

Then I take the resulting refund and buy a new toy, this year a Hammer A3 31.

I don't know why I'm always so happy with a tax refund, it's the government giving me my own money back, not like I won the lottery or anything.

I guess however I can't complain, I want the social services so I have to pay for them.....Rod.

I had to pay Uncle Sam just under $4000 for income taxes so I couldn't get the Nikon D80 that I have been holding out for but I should be getting the $600 stimulus bucks so I think I will help out B&H Photo do a little stimulating. The $600 will make a good down payment.
    David B

Quote Originally Posted by David G Baker View Post
    I had to pay Uncle Sam just under $4000 for income taxes so I couldn't get the Nikon D80 that I have been holding out for but I should be getting the $600 stimulus bucks so I think I will help out B&H Photo do a little stimulating. The $600 will make a good down payment.

Hi David, please enlighten me, what are the "$600 stimulus bucks" you mentioned?

Thanks, Rod.