Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention: All Veterans

1. Thumbs up Ooorrrraaaahhhh!!!!

Devil Dog, Leather Neck! Member of The United States Finest Fighting Force! United States Marine Corps. 0311 Rifleman Grunt! '82-85 Grenada, Beirut, Lebanon. Uncle Sam's Misguided Children...Yeah...You know the deal! Get Outta The Way!

When I was just a young boy
    My Father said to me
    There's a different fighting force
    That's right for you and me
    The uniform is different
    The best you've ever seen
    The German's called us Devil Dogs
    Our real name's Marine!
    Last edited by aurelio alarcon; 12-08-2005 at 2:47 AM.
    Member - Uncle Sam's Misguided Children '82-'85.
    Once, Now Former, But Always!

"Among individuals, as among nations, the respect for the other's rights brings peace."
    Benito Juarez

Quote Originally Posted by aurelio alarcon
    Devil Dog, Leather Neck! Member of The United States Finest Fighting Force! United States Marine Corps. 0311 Rifleman Grunt! '82-85 Grenada, Beirut, Lebanon. Uncle Sam's Misguided Children...Yeah...You know the deal! Get Outta The Way!

When I was just a young boy
    My Father said to me
    There's a different fighting force
    That's right for you and me
    The uniform is different
    The best you've ever seen
    The German's called us Devil Dogs
    Our real name's Marine!
    Congratulations, Aurelio. You have been selected to receive the Lewis B. (Chesty) Puller award for the most misguided of the misguided.

Marine Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, will contact you soon with details. Hold your breath.

As a fellow Marine, I would end with Semper Fi, but in your case it seems so inadequate.

3. Humor

Quote Originally Posted by Larry James
    Congratulations, Aurelio. You have been selected to receive the Lewis B. (Chesty) Puller award for the most misguided of the misguided.

Marine Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, will contact you soon with details. Hold your breath.

As a fellow Marine, I would end with Semper Fi, but in your case it seems so inadequate.
    I'm glad you saw the humor in my statement. But, amongest the humor, there is a bit of pride for having served my country honorably. I sometimes believe that all young men and women should have to serve.
    Last edited by aurelio alarcon; 12-08-2005 at 1:18 PM.
    Member - Uncle Sam's Misguided Children '82-'85.
    Once, Now Former, But Always!

"Among individuals, as among nations, the respect for the other's rights brings peace."
    Benito Juarez

Third Geneneration Military, my father and grandfather both were in the navy. My grandfather was a survivor of Pearl Harbor.

I was in from 1988 to 2003. US Army Infantry, staioned at Ft. Benning, Ft Carson, Ft. Stewart, Ft. Lewis, Hohenfels Germany, Guam, Bosnia, and Kosovo.
    Christopher A. Knight

Some Knight's are better than others.

Last edited by Bob Smalser; 12-13-2005 at 4:48 PM.
    “Perhaps then, you will say, ‘But where can one have a boat like that built today?’ And I will tell you that there are still some honest men who can sharpen a saw, plane, or adze...men (who) live and work in out of the way places, but that is lucky, for they can acquire materials for one third of city prices. Best, some of these gentlemen’s boatshops are in places where nothing but the occasional honk of a wild goose will distract them from their work.” -- L Francis Herreshoff

Vietnam Vet

HC-7 (Helicopter Combat Support Squadron-Seven) 1970 - 1974.

Talking Robert Fox

I served in the US Navy from 61-66. Was stationed in Sicily most of the time and did duty as a meteorologist. Closest I came to being famous... was a crew member on the P2V that first spotted the Russian ship with the rockets on board that led to the Bay of Pigs. Came out a second class. Way to go... your doing a good thing!

Thumbs up

Active Army: October 1981 to July 1992
    Reserves & Army National Guard: July 1992 to July 2005.
    U.S. Army INFANTRY!
    Desert Storm Veteran with the 101st Airborne Division! Screaming Eagles!
    Combat Infantryman!

Bill

9. Thank you Waymon

Sorry for the late post, this is the first I saw of it.
    USAF 1992 to Present
    B-52 Crew Chief

USMC 1966~1988.

Vietnam Feb '68~Mar '69. Lucky enough to spend TWO Tets there! Combat Air Crew - 229 missions as crew chief/gunner.

Went Grunt when I was selects 1st Sgt. Spent the last six years with infantry/recon.

Japan/Korea/Philippines & at least half a dozen stateside duty stations...

Retired just before Gulf War I.
    Last edited by Jim DeLaney; 01-25-2006 at 1:12 PM.

Me, USNR SeaBees 1992-2005 UT2

EVERY generation of my family has had at least one member serve in one branch or another all the way back to Master Commandant Richard Somers who served in the Barbary Pirate War. In Tripoli he lost his life along with many other sailors in the attack on the Tripolian harbor on 04SEP1804 when their ship, the Intrepid, exploded prematurely.

http://www.history.navy.mil/danfs/s/somers.htm

Our first defense against terrorists.

Me
    USAF
    Senior Airman
    Hahn AB Germany
    1984 - 1987
    10th AMU - "the blue zoo"
    F-16 Crew Chief

Dad
    Lance Corporal
    USMC
    Korea
    Don't know the year(s)
    Wounded when convoy was attacked and his truck fell down the side of a mountain. At least that's the story as I remember...he's gone since 1978.
    From him is where I got my intensely deep respect for all GI's. I wish I could express the gratitude that I have for them all - especially those that have seen or are seeing combat.

Thanks for this thread.
    -joe
    Illegitimi non carborundum

"If you walk, just walk, if you sit, just sit, but whatever you do, don't wobble."
    -Zen Master Unmon

To gain additional features, benefits and ad-free access to SMC
    CLICK --> http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Service

USAF 1961 to 1969
    Aircraft Maint.

USN 1973-1977
    USS Gilmore-Submarine Tender
    ARD-5 - Dry Dock

Met my wife on the ARD and married her 5 months later. She was in from '74-'76.

US Air Force 1977 to 1981
    Muntions Maintence
    Upper Heyford, England with the F111
    Blytheville, Arkansas with the B-52
    Keith