Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention: All Veterans

United States Air Force, part of the Strategic Air Command, Served all active duty time in Italy, GSU(geographical seperated unit) from Aviano Air Base. Munitions Maintenance (lot of really BIG firecrackers!!!) Served in the Iranian Hostage Attempt and worked/volunteered for missions in disaster relief for Naples, Italy and Cairo, Egypt due to large earthquakes. USAF 1976 - 1981
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

US Air Force, 1985 - present.

Many thanks for your generous donation.
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    United States Air Force, part of the Strategic Air Command, Served all active duty time in Italy, GSU(geographical seperated unit) from Aviano Air Base. Munitions Maintenance (lot of really BIG firecrackers!!!) Served in the Iranian Hostage Attempt and worked/volunteered for missions in disaster relief for Naples, Italy and Cairo, Egypt due to large earthquakes. USAF 1976 - 1981

Hey Dennis,

I was in Aviano during the earthquake in 76. I was with the F-4's from Lakenheath England at the time. Small world.

Greg

USN Dec 74 through Sep 78 Vt. Era USN TAR March 79 through 85 Aviation Egress Mechanic USA Feb 89 through Sep 92 Radio Teletype (first trip through Iraq) USA Washington State National Guard 3 years Heavy Equipment operator. My former Brigade is over there right now.

What can I say, I like collecting different military uniforms? This is the only way I could get complete ones with medals & everything?....

No that really isn't it you can bet when the flag passes by I'll be standing proud with a tear in my eye.

I have seen pictures of the Old Glory passing by & everybody staying seated & one old Vetren standing up out of his wheel chair that really got me.

When we came back from Iraq they played I'm proud to be an American as we marched across the field.

Thanks Waymon
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

U.S. AIR FORCE 1976 -1993 Grenada ,Lebanon and first Gulf War
    Bud Duffy Punkinhook Ranch

6. I'm currently in the Air Force as a Staff (E-5) for 8 years. I'm stationed at Malmstrom AFB, MT and I work on the ICBMs.

SSgt David Spicer

Thumbs up

U.S. AIR FORCE 1964 -1968 (Crew Chief F4C Fighter Aircraft) Waymon, thanks for such a generous offer and thanks for being a member of Saw Mill Creek. It's people like you that makes Saw Mill Creek the great place it is.
    Life Sure Is Great! Enjoy It.

USN, Boilerman 1958 - 1962 Pacific
    Thanks Waymon
    Bob

US Army, July 1970 / Dec 1970 - blew my left knee out carrying my M60 up a 45* incline during AIT training. It was fun while it lasted….
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Very generous of you, Waymon.

Joined US Navy in 1956

Joined Fleet Reserve in 1976 as Chief Radioman

Full retirement in 1985
    Wolf Kiessling

In the pursuit of excellence, there is reward in the creation of a wondrous relationship between the artisan and the soul of the tree

Thanks, Waymon, for your touching message and generous offer.

USAF, 1954-1957, Far East Command, 548th Rec Tech Sqdn.

Art Hendrix

Army Service

Very Generous, Waymon. Wish I had the wherewithall to do the same. Army of the United Stated 1942 - 1946
    18th century nut --- Carl

Waymon,
    We all appreciate your efforts.
    U.S. Navy 1972-1981.

Thanks Waymon for your support

USARMY 1982-2003

Kerry Adams

Lt. USAF, 1964-68.
    Best Regards, Ken