Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention: All Veterans

USN, 1968-1978
    Hull Technician, Nuclear Components Welder/Quality Supervisor
    Thanks Waymon
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

thanks for your support and careing Waymon, wish there were more people like you. I followed my fathers lead, he was WWII steelworker in the SeaBees, I was Navy Seabee Steelworker from 62 to 65, last 11 months in hospitals, then active reserves till 68. My son would have gone into the airforce, but he was killed on manuevers with the Civil Air Patrol at age 17 he was C/MSGt. My 3 girls were also in the CAP for about 5 years. thanks
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

Thanks Waymon, US Army, Disabled Vet. from Nam 1970-73. Iam sending in 50 pens this friday,
    Stephen Lybeck
    www.lybeckswoodcraft.8m.com
    www.penartists.com

4. Thanks for your generosity.

Don Henthorn United States Army
    542 Artillery 42nd Rainbow Division
    January 1942 -- January 1946
    European theator
    What you do today determines what you can do tomorrow.

Jim McFall USCG 1968 -- 1972 Never thought I'd see Nam from a Coast Guard ship but I did.

Thanks for your generosity!!

319th. US Army Security Agency
    May 1968 - May 1970
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

US Army. 1957-1960
    DAVE

Idyllwild CA Southern Ca in the mountians 100 miles east of LA

Thumbs up

Waymon,

Jun 1967 to present day, and 16 months to retirement in the Air Force Reserve Command. I guess that means I should kick in for my own $10.00... PM me with your address and I will send to your pot.

I will match the first 5 that can beat my time in service...

Chief Schmoll
    USAFR

Jim From Idyllwild CA

US Army, CW3, 19+ years and counting

Thank you for your generosity
    "The idea that "violence doesn't solve anything" is a historically untrue and immoral doctrine. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. People that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

Waymon, Thank you for your very generous offer. USAF 1954-1962 Keith
    If mama ain't happy............you know the rest!

Thumbs up

Waymon
    Way to go. USN 1981-1993, Lt, SWO.

Quote Originally Posted by Waymon Campbell
    Now that I have completed my FPP pledge to donate $1200 in 2004, I'd like to make a new pledge. For this one, I am going to need your help. But first I would like to tell you a story.

My father was a Marine. He spent two years serving in Korea in Force Recon. The remainder of his career he spent as a Marine Drill Instructor. You can well imagine that when I was growing up as a young man I did not care for my father's strict rules and discipline. When I left home to make my place in the world my father and I grew ever more distant. It was only later in life that I began to rebuild my relationship with him. Sadly, he died before I had completed this task. One of the things that I most deeply regret was never telling him about the respect I had for him as a veteran. He served with honor in a world sometimes not so honorable.

I believe our veterans, as well as those "veterans in the making" who are now serving all over the world, deserve three things:

1) Our respect for serving with honor.
    2) Our admiration for the sacrifices they made and are making in the performance of their duties.
    3) Our support.

That is what the Freedom Pens Project is all about. Letting individual men and women serving in the Armed Forces know that we appreciate them, that we are thinking about them, and that we support them. So, here is the deal. I will donate $10 each to the FPP for any veteran who is a member of SMC and responds to this thread with your service branch and years of service, up to a $1000 limit. If you don't want to publically disclose that information you can PM me. Please be assured that this is in no way a political statement, it is merely my way of recognizing my SMC brethren for their service.

USAF 88 - 91 stationed at Cheyenne Mtn, CO working for NORAD

US Air Force Jan 59 to May 80 Ret CMSgt Aircraft Maintenance

Dan Henry

This is a great and generous thing you are doing.
    Take care,
    CW4(maybe 5 this year) John Renzetti
    1969 to present, Vietnam-1971
    AGR C-12 pilot

Waymon,

Very generous, indeed. Your father would be proud! I'm sure...I served in the USN from Nov. 68 - Nov. 76.......my oldest son served in the Army for 9 years.......my youngest son just got out of the navy in August 2003 after 5 years........my father was a Chief Boatswain Mate.......my youngest son was the most immature 26 year old man I'd ever seen following his graduation (& my paying for) from college.....16 weeks under a U.S. Marine Drill Gunnery Sergeant did wonders for his attitude! I'll never forget parking the car on the old seaplane parking area at Pensacola. We walked a block when he saw us.......He kissed his Mom....he hugged me..he stepped back.....he said "Dad...I never realized how much you and Mom did for me!".......That evening at the Mom and Pop function.....my wife was giving that Marine drill instructor both barrels for not letting her son call home more often.......I was buying him a drink thanking him for what he'd done! As a parent, I'd bet your father would just appeciate your appreciation for what he did.....In my opinion that's all a parent can expect......just respect and appreciation for what you've done for your child.

Again....you are extremely generous!