Thread: logo placement on shirts

logo placement on shirts

Instead of eyeballing where a logo would look good, is there a rule of thumb? Is there a particular spot that it should be centered off of?? I'm talking on both front (pocket area) and back.
    ULS M-360 35W, Corel X3

Craig - good question - I'm in the middle of a 85 shirt order for the fire department. I've centered on the back 4" down on the smaller shirts and 4 3/4" down on the larger ones. I haven't started with the front logo's yet, but I'm going to have to figure out a standard pretty darn quick...

It was suggested to me to make a shoulder panel out of cardboard. Round the neck and up to the shoulder seam. Then having a vert/horz center line placed on the bottom of it - it'll work great for one size, but then everything goes out the window...

Steve
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

If you make yourself a gadget like a t-square with a sliding horizontal bar you can quickly line up both large and small transfers. On the shirt pocket location use the collar and sleeve bottom as locators.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thumbs up Left chest logo location

We normally place a left chest logo, printed or embroidered, 4" down to center of design and 41/4" to left side of shirt. Down 4 over 4 1/4. This is from the bottom of the collar.

Dave

I measure from the shoulder seam. The collars vary from brand to brand so much that it is easier to measure from the shoulder seam, particularly for polo shirts. On an XL, I measure 8 1/2" from the shoulder. Large is 8", etc. Varies a little for women's shirts. With a pocket, I try to get the bottom of the design or lettering about 1/2 or 1/3" above the pocket.