Thread: Picture Test

Picture Test

Have never posted a picture before - this is a test to see if this works - I hope I don't crash the site! This is my current project, an 18th Century French Harpsichord.
    Bill Sampson
    Attached Images Attached Images

HOLY HARPSICHORD BATMAN!!!

i dont think i've heard of anyone building a harpsichord! very cool!!!!!!
    will you please post some pics of the finished product?
    how long has it taken you to get to where you are now?
    brad
    The Country Toad Workshop Rogersville, Al

Very very nice Bill!
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Certainly not an "ordinary" project! That looks great...you'll have to post not only pics, but WAV files once it's completed.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Details man..details! More pictures...sounds. That is wicked cool!
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Nice job! Really makes me want to sit down and play a Two Part Invention.. harpsichord is a neat instrument.

_Aaron_

New Pics

Thanks for your interest in this project. I have been working on this unit since Oct. and it is nearing completion. It is a French double harpsichord, and is a historically correct replica of an 18th. century Taskin piece. The learning curve has been rather slow as I knew nothing about this instrument prior to many boxes of parts being delivered to my home. Many hours have been spent getting acquainted with new terms and procedures too numerous to mention in this medium.
    A very special lady in the church we attend provided funding for the kit parts in memory of her husband who passed away three years ago. The kit was purchased at a cost of $14,000 and it would have cost another $14,000 to have it completed. The sound board art work increased the value considerably. Thats where I entered the picture. The cost for me to do the assembly and finish was $0.
    I will be finishing the gold leaf work in the next several days and then sending the unit to Atlanta to be strung and voiced. When it is returned to me in late May, it will be concert ready!! (Aaron, you apparently have some musical background. You are close enough to Richmond to see and play this instrument before I deliver it to the church. Let me know.)
    I have been very low key about my part in this process and as a result, very few people are aware of its presence. Just thought some of you might be interested in a project like this.
    I am knew at sending pictures, so I hope this one can be viewed.
    Bill Sampson, Richmond
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is one sweet project. Bill. Looks like A-1 work which we expect of you. Hope Aaron takes you up on the chance to play it so we can get a reort. Keep us posted.
    What you do today determines what you can do tomorrow.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Biiiiiiill, TOOOOOOO Awesome.
    Dude Sorry,
    I need talk-o-vision with this one.
    I just can't express on the keys how cool that is. FFO!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Totally awestruck, Bill! To say that is phenominal, would be an understatement. Truly looks to be a labor of love. Thanks much for the post!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Bill

I am overwhelmed. What an increadible project. Wish we could hear it being played. Well done sir!

Terry