Thread: Having problem posting pics.

Having problem posting pics.

Hi!

I'm trying to post a few pictures, and once I get to the Add Attachment window, click Browse, find the JPEG file on my hard drive, then click Add this file, after a minute I get a Bulletin Message saying

"You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
    You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "
    I AM logged on to the forum site, and if I re-enter my name & password on this page, it just repeats "you are not logged on". Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Thank you,

John Haylow

John, this problem has come up before. I don’t recall the solution but hang loose, someone will have an answer.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

John, just a WAG, but try clearing out the cache on your browser, close the browser and come back to SMC. You will need to log back in, but posting the pic(s) should work after that. Keep us posted.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Thanks for your replies. I tried what you said, John, but get the same results. I'll keep trying, and thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by John Haylow
    Thanks for your replies. I tried what you said, John, but get the same results. I'll keep trying, and thanks again.
    Maybe try shooting Aaron a PM. He probably has an answer for you right off the top of his head.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Fixing Login Problems

John,

I wish I did-
    Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to come up with 'the' solution to problems like this, as we can't duplicate the issue on our end, nor is it a problem we've encountered on any of our machines (Multiple OS's and platforms). Rest assured, however, that the problem doesn't lie with our software--I did check your account and everything is configured properly.

Some (not exhaustive) possible causes are:
    1. Older, browser incompatibility or inconsistency.
    2. Full browser cache (cookie not written)
    3. Interaction from a firewall preventing certain information from being stored in the cookie
    4. Interruption from a proxy that eats cookies

Possible Solution:
    1. Try clearing your cache (If using IE, it's under the Tools Menu > Internet Options.. > Delete Files.. > [X] Delete Offline Content.) Also, try the same thing with your cookies.

2. If that doesn't work, I would suggest first trying upgrading your browser (if you're using Microsoft Internet Explorer, whence these problems usually stem) to the most recent version. You can do this for free at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...ds/default.asp

3. If the problem persists, try downloading a different browser, such as Mozilla or Opera. If it works here, then you can rule out your firewall and ISP, and you can be pretty sure it's IE causing the issue.

4. If the problem extends beyond IE (e.g., with a different browser), then check your firewall settings.

5. Finally, consult with your Internet Service Provider or tech support to determine where the info is being lost. You shouldn't get to this point, as it is rare.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

_Aaron_

Thanks guys. I was able to get my pics posted. I'm not sure what the problem was, it may have been the cookies or the firewall.

We deleted the cookies and made some changes to the firewall.

Thanks again.

John