Thread: Garage door sealer strip.

Garage door sealer strip.

I need to replace the bottom sealer strip on one of my garage doors (can't let any of the cold from my new AC escape). One of the corners of the pad appears to have a slight dip, so currently there is some light showing under the door/strip.

Any recommendations for a replacement, or is this just something I go to the borg to pick up off the rack? Thanks,
    Tony

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Tony,

Somebody Think it was my mom, (one of my first tool user inspirations) told me to run an old piece of garden hose through the door gasket channel. (allow for expansion) This piece of hose is on its second garage. Worked great. I've also scribed in a piece of 2x for another door on some real rough concrete. PITA.

Good luck.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Tony,

We had some Wayne Dalton doors installed last year, they came with a hollow/tubular type seal similar to what Tyler is talking about. They are very pliable and conform well to my slab (I had a low spot too). I’d try calling them and ordering one.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney