Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bessey, Irwin or Jet clamps

How about keeping the money in the US for a change?

My vote is to spend a couple extra dollars and buy Jorgensen. Folks always overlook this brand, but they are top quality, and still made in the USA. They are really not that much more than Jet, and you won't be sending your money to Taiwan or China.

http://www.adjustableclamp.com/cm-8000.htm

The Jet's are Chinese made, which is one reason I've not jumped on them. Jorgies are US made and Besseys are made in Europe. I have a hard time paying equal money for something made in China compared to a US or Euro product.

BUT, I've not been too impressed with Jorgies customer service. I have their bench vise and had a horrible time getting in touch with them. Then they finally got back with me but their email system then had additional problems and kept bouncing back when I tried sending them my mailing address. I finally gave up on trying to get the replacement part I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Zorns View Post
    How about keeping the money in the US for a change?

My vote is to spend a couple extra dollars and buy Jorgensen. Folks always overlook this brand, but they are top quality, and still made in the USA. They are really not that much more than Jet, and you won't be sending your money to Taiwan or China.

http://www.adjustableclamp.com/cm-8000.htm
    When they first came out they had a problem with the casting breaking in the head. Have you had such problems or know what they did to correct it?

So much for Jet...will not buy their stuff now. First the price of their mini went up 50%, then they wanted 25% restock fee for a tool than I had not even unpacked. Griz gets all my business when I can send it their way. Will be ordering a jointer so will just go there and pick up clamps and other must haves. Had just purchased the 40 and 50 inch Besseys, but think I would prefer the type with the screw handle like pipe clamps. Wonder if they are made with bar instead of needing pipe?
    Last edited by Chris Barnett; 06-01-2008 at 10:29 AM.