Thread: Seeking info on Clearstream filters for wet/dry vacs.

Seeking info on Clearstream filters for wet/dry vacs.

I'm thinking about ordering a couple of the Clearstream filters made of the Gortex material. I know several here have purchased them in the past. How do you like them? Have they held up well? For those with the Ridgid shop vacs, did you use any of the Ridgid Hepa filters along the way, and if so, how do they compare? Thanks! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    I'm thinking about ordering a couple of the Clearstream filters made of the Gortex material. I know several here have purchased them in the past. How do you like them? Have they held up well? For those with the Ridgid shop vacs, did you use any of the Ridgid Hepa filters along the way, and if so, how do they compare? Thanks! Jim.

I have a Cleanstream for my Craftsman Wet-Dry vac. I think that it works great for keeping the dust out of the air. I did have a problem with it after about a year, in that I think I let the canister get too full, and the bottom of the filter cracked. A disc of 1/8" tempered hardboard and some epoxy fixed the problem.

It is definitely easier to keep it clean when I remember to do it. A hard rap on the filter and the dust just falls off.

Doc
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

Well worth it in my opinion. I used my first one for about 5 years before replacement. You can clean them by knocking out the dust, or wash them off under running water. Used the Cleanstream in a Ridgid vac, but I have no experience with the Ridgid HEPA filters.

Thanks for the comments. Sounds like a good filter. I'll order some. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.