Thread: Friend clearing Walnut & Maple Trees

Friend clearing Walnut & Maple Trees

I have a friend located near Cincinnati that has purchased some property with a lot of Walnut and Maple trees. He is clearing a lot of the trees to build a house.

He says he has some nice logs from these trees. Does anyone know of saw mills in the Southwest Ohio, Southeast Indiana or Northern Kentucky area that would be interested in these logs.

i live in loveland where is the wood located?

i have heard of a sawmill up near clarksville area havent dealt with them though

i am kind of looking from some walnut

Wilhelm Lumber is in Brookville, IN. That's where I get most of my rough lumber. There's also a mill or two in Washington Courthouse. I don't know their names offhand, but I could find out if you want. Frank Miller Lumber is also just over the state line west of Dayton (Union City, IN I think). They're a pretty big outfit.

Be forewarned, if a mill is interested in it, your friend will undoubtedly be dissappointed with their offer. But if he just wants to get rid of it, that may not be a problem.

Another option is a portable mill (Woodmizer, etc.). He may even be able to get some local woodworkers together to split the cost, or pay for it altogether if he doesn't need the lumber. Just a thought...

If it were me, I'd be real tempted to use at least some of it for the house, but maybe that's getting a bit ambitious.

E-mail me....I have a very good outlet for you that is very local( I to live in Cincinnati). Also, i can get lots of lumber at a very good price(better then Wilhelm) and would likely be closer to you then Wilhelm would be(that goes for all that posted above to.

sohc6e03@allstate.com

Donnie Raines Jr
    248-1201