Thread: Acrylic Supplier

Acrylic Supplier

I am located in northeast Mississippi and I am looking for an acrylic supplier. I need 4x8 ft. sheets from .500 to 1.00 thick. in quanitys of 30 to 50 sheets.

If anyone has any info on a supplier please let me know.

Thanks,

Will
    Prc 2200W 4' x 8'
    Emission Tech 60W 2' x 4' (JUNK)
    Coherant 400W Dual Beam 4' x 8'
    ULS LS 100E Engravers 17.5" x 11"
    Kern 150W HSE 6' X 10'
    ULS 25PS 18" x 24" 30W with Rotary

Hey Will,
    Welcome to the Creek. Did you get those large format laser's at the auction a month or so ago? Both of the names you have in your signature were in it and looked really cool. With auto feed and removal I think on both of them. Either way Nice machines.
    As far as the acrylic goes just look up plastic suppliers in your Yellow pages or Google plastic and acrylic suppliers with the name of the closest major city near you. I do not know if Laird or Professional plastics are near you but I am sure they would love to get an order for 50 - 1/2" to 1" 4x8 sheets.

Would love to see some of your projects done on a 2200 watt laser posted here.

Thanks and ...
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

3. Here are a few suppliers that I found on matweb. I randomly checked Interstate Plastics and they do make sheets both that thick and large as you mention.

Precision Punch & Plastics
    Minnetonka, MN
    800-227-0690
    Request For Quote Precision Punch & Plastics stocks one of the widest varieties of industrial and engineering plastics in the industry. We have plastic sheet, rod, tube and film. Precision Punch & Plastics' in-house capabilities include close-tolerance sawing (+/-.005) and CNC machining. Check out our web site!
    WS Hampshire Inc.
    Hampshire, IL
    800-541-0251
    Request For Quote Offering a full line of industrial plastic materials, WS Hampshire provides the custom fabrication and distribution of composite plastics. Phenolics, Teflon, nylon, acetal, acrylic, polypropylene, polycarbonate and more are available for custom fabrication. Over 100 years of non-metallic material fabrication!
    Industrial Plastic Supply, Inc.
    Anaheim, CA
    866-832-9315
    Request For Quote As a plastic distributor, Industrial Plastic Supply specializes in a number of manufactured plastic pieces: plastic rods and blocks, plastic sheeting and slabs plus plastic tubes. These materials are best for aerospace, commercial, food-grade, industrial, machinable and medical applications.
    Interstate Plastics
    Sacramento, CA
    800-742-3444
    Request For Quote Our 25-year-old multi-branch company distributes plastic materials such as rod, tube, film, sheet, and custom profiles. Our high quality products and focus on our customers make us your choice for purchases on location or online. Tolerances go down to 0.015” with cut-to-size tools.
    Regal Plastic Supply Company
    North Kansas City, MO
    800-627-2102
    Request For Quote Your complete plastics distributor since 1954, supplying plastic sheet, rod, tube, film & fabrication. Authorized distributor of SABIC Innovative Plastics. The best in JIT inventory & personal service. Locations in IA, KS, MO, NE, OK, TN & WI. Give your local branch a call today for all your plastic needs!

All Plastics and Fiberglass, Inc.
    Mobile, AL
    800-226-1134
    Request For Quote All Plastics and Fiberglass performs fiberglass- reinforced-plastic fabrication. Among the standard products we produce are ducts, grating, structural shapes, pipe hangers and tanks. We do custom fabrication on tanks and pipe hangers. We also make prefabricated piping systems, handrails and more.
    San Diego Plastics, Inc.
    National City, CA
    800-925-4855
    Request For Quote A huge selection of plastic materials. Call us today for plastic sheet, rod, tube, film, expanded foam sheet, corrugated sheet, boards, panels and structured sheet. An assortment of acrylic, polycarbonate, PVC, polypropylene & polyethylene in various colors, patterns, textures, thicknesses & grades.
    Mr. Plastics
    San Leandro, CA
    800-498-0774
    Request For Quote Mr. Plastics offers plastic material distribution, fabrication, and manufacturing as well. You can pick from plastic sheeting, plastic rods, plastic tubes, and film. Hard to find plastics are no problem. If you have specifications, we are able to fabricate your plastic material.
    Oxford Polymers
    New Britain, CT
    888-697-6596
    Request For Quote Founded in 1988, we develop & compound engineering thermoplastics as low cost alternatives to brand names. Plus, we custom compound using base resins, such as Polycarbonate, Nylons, High Heats, Alloys, Acetals, Polyesters, Modified PPO/PPE & ABS, with various additives & reinforcements.

Michael,

Yes to answer your question I got my lasers from the auction in N.C. got a killer deal on all of them, still waiting for them to be installed should be next week, then the fun begins. I will be able to cut quanity itmes for the laser engraving market as well as the furniture market. I have a large investment to try to make back but I don't think it will be problem as the closest laser is a only 1200w and that company does thin sheet metal only. So with some creative marketing I hope to atleast make my investment back.

I have talked to Piedmont Plastics in Memphis, TN. they are only an hour away from me and are getting me quotes on clear and colored Acrylic.

As for the wood for plaques and such being a furniture manufacturer I already have suppliers I do business with daily. Now if I can find a sheet steel & stainless steel supplier I'll be all set.

Ok guys I would like to pick your brains a little.
    If you had a PRC 2200w laser what type of business or jobs would you go after?

And who do I need to speak to to become listed on The Creek as a supplier or business for cut items?

Thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by will bohn; 06-11-2008 at 6:38 AM.
    Prc 2200W 4' x 8'
    Emission Tech 60W 2' x 4' (JUNK)
    Coherant 400W Dual Beam 4' x 8'
    ULS LS 100E Engravers 17.5" x 11"
    Kern 150W HSE 6' X 10'
    ULS 25PS 18" x 24" 30W with Rotary

Will, I came across this company a while back, http://www.lasercuttingservices.com/

They do the high power stuff you're capable of doing and it seems they're doing quite well from the pictures and videos. It might give you some ideas.

btw, my fav video is the cutting of 12mm stainless. Very cool. I'm sure you're going to have some fun.
    ULS M-360 35W, Corel X3

New Lasers

Welcome to the Creek Will! Glad to hear you picked up some laser systems, I see you did end up getting that 2200W laser. Give me a call when you get it running, im interested to see how it is. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help when you get them up and running. I will email you over our acrylic supplier as well. Good luck with the laser systems!

Derek Kern
    President
    Kern Laser Systems

Quote Originally Posted by will bohn View Post
    I am located in northeast Mississippi and I am looking for an acrylic supplier. I need 4x8 ft. sheets from .500 to 1.00 thick. in quanitys of 30 to 50 sheets.

If anyone has any info on a supplier please let me know.

Thanks,

Will
    Piedmont Plastics has a location in Memphis. I buy all my acrylic from them.
    http://www.piedmontplastics.com/locations.asp
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation