Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need ideas

Anodized is available in several colors but usually not in the variety of thicknesses as black. You buy it in 12" x 24" sheets and cut it yourself or pay a premium and have Johnson cut it for you.

I would be reluctant to offer color on anodized simply because I don't know what would work. (maybe 1 shot sign paints)
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Sounds like a difficult customer or one being run by a committee. Seems like they want something that is either really expensive to make (want it for cheap) or doesn't exist. They want permanent, but not stone, they want color, but not plastic or printed media. They want anodized aluminum (which you can walk up to with a key and ruin in 2 seconds) that shows 1 color when done, but they want their logo highlighted.

I feel for you Steve, I do.

I wish I had some ideas, but that's a tall order to fill.

Maybe Die-Sub on a piece of Corian? That's my only suggestion. You'd get a good looking base material and the dye-sub would allow for any colors. Would last quite a while as well, and could be easily mounted.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

A couple more ideas:

1) A brick. Might go good in a garden.

2) Second surface tempered glass. Framed and mounted or inset into a block of some sort. Maybe concrete.

3) Other mentioned less durable methods beneath a layer of glass for scratch protection.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.