Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Zorns View Post
Chris - Is it possible the Li-Ion batts. are just don't have enough capacity for your use? (i.e. it has nothing to do with the battery chemistry)

Or are you saying that they don't stand up to vibration like Nickel cells?
Well, the whole bike headlight and battery came together as a complete system so I'd have to trust the vendor put the parts together appropriately. As has been pointed out above, you can pack more energy into a Li-Ion battery than any other rechargeable battery--a reason y'all like them so much. For a bike, that means the battery can be smaller and lighter yet deliver a lot of energy over time.

I don't think vibration has anything to do with it (my battery actually sits in a pack and is not directly connected to the bike frame)...it is the chemical make-up.

Let me put it this way, I paid boo-coo bucks for this nice light system and I like it a lot because it is very bright but there are several disadvantages with it I've noticed over time:

(1) The bulbs don't last long and are proprietary (near as I can find) and are therefore pricey.
(2) The battery doesn't last long and I'm not sure even when brand new that I ever really got the expected capacity out of it. After reading PrimeCells page on Li-Ion batteries, I think I understand why: Li-Ion batteries appear finicky.