Thread: Home Made Miter Saw Stand (Portable)

Home Made Miter Saw Stand (Portable)

Has anyone built a portable Miter Saw Stand; or suggestions on how to set up a temporary stand for a project at my nephew's home.

In my garage I have a setup that I use with a permanent work bench; but it would be impossible to take it with me.

Thanks, plans and photos would be helpful.

I just bolt the saw to a piece of plywood and clamp the plywood to some saw horses. Then I use my roller stands on each side. This is more for a temp setup. I just didn't see a reason to build something portable since a short term setup was all I am after.

It is a little different story if you are looking for an excuse to build something.

Have fun...
    Tony

Bob...I have my Dewalt 12" MS bolted to a piece of plywood that has cleats screwed to the bottom. I clamp this into my Black & Decker Workmate. It works pretty well. I also have my scroll saw, small belt sander, dovetail jig, morticer and router table bolted to similar pieces of plywood, and use the Workmate for all of them.
    My favorite cologne is BLO

B&D Workmate and roller stand here too. It was going to be my "temporary" set up until I got around making a permanent bench. That was about 7 years ago...

Given the small size of my shop, I have decided to go with a rolling cabinet with folding wing tables instead of a permanent bench, in order to preserve what little wall space I still have. Should be able to jump on that sometime in the next 7 years!

One of the magazine websites had a plan I like a lot, but almost all of them have some sort of similar rolling cabinet with wings. Good luck!

I have a Delta mitersaw which has 'dado' slots in the base that accept 2x4's on end. My portable stand is more of a ladder. I just clamp it to horses - or even use it on the floor. Works great.

Buddy of mine uses his Workmate. His saw's mounting holes line up with some of the Workmate's holes. He uses bolts and fender washers...

miter saw stand

I do not have plans, but I built two of these stands a few years ago for my two sons.

Norm of NYWS made one a few years ago with swing out extension arms on both sides of the saw IIRC. He was planning on using it for job site setups.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....