Thread: Freud Router come w/template adapter?

Freud Router come w/template adapter?

Does anyone know if the Freud 3 1/4 HP router FT2200EP comes with an adapter to mount the round screw-on brass template adapters?

I looked over the manual and all it shows is a big rectangular opening with two screws to mount an adapter. I get the impression you have to buy their template kit to get the adapter.
    I have a guide set already that I use with a Hitachi M12v which came with a template adapter.
    Thanks for any Freud insight

Blog Entries
    I have the FT 2200 and that is what I had to do.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Adaptor not included

Hi Robin,

The router does not come with the adapter. I purchased their kit containing the adaptor and template guides, but you can also purchase just the adapter by itself -- search Amazon for "Freud FT1100".

Best regards,
    Steve
    Last edited by Stephen Ash; 06-25-2008 at 7:00 PM. Reason: fixed typo

good input. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Cruz View Post
    Does anyone know if the Freud 3 1/4 HP router FT2200EP comes with an adapter to mount the round screw-on brass template adapters?

I looked over the manual and all it shows is a big rectangular opening with two screws to mount an adapter. I get the impression you have to buy their template kit to get the adapter.
    I have a guide set already that I use with a Hitachi M12v which came with a template adapter.
    Thanks for any Freud insight

The template guide adapter included with most guide sets is often compatible with Freud Routers. Of course, for best results you should use the FT1100.
    Charles M
    Freud America, Inc.

Another option

I haven't used templates with my FT2000E, it lives in the table. What I have done with other routers is to make my own sub base. I'm sure you can find directions but I just used 2 forstner bits whose size I don't remember; One bit was the size of the outside of a PC bushing, the second cleared the threads of the P-C bushing but the guide bushing threaded collar was larger than the smaller hole. I think the sizes were 1 3/8" & 1 3/16 but don't hold me to that. I used clear acrylic-it's easy to drill and I find it nice to be able to see thru the sub base. I hope that makes sense. Use the existing sub base to drill mounting holes and I made my hholes a little oversize and flat bottomed countersinks so I could move the sub base a little to center the bit in the guide bushing. A simpler alternative in addition to the Freud part is to get a clear sub base from Pat Warner. They aren't expensive and from all accounts are very well made.

HTH

Curt