Thread: CorelDraw Thumbnail Viewer

CorelDraw Thumbnail Viewer

My corel draw files have accumulated to the hundreds and searching for specific images have become very time consuming and anti productive.

I have tried irfanview but unfortunately I have not found out how to view thumbnails that are in a network (we have a LAN). And it cannot display BIG coreldraw thumbnails.

Does anyone here know how to get around this ? ANd I need to be able to view the *.cdr files that are in the server.

I am sure almost everyone here who has a laser is in the same boat.

help!

Harry

I file in two ways. Neither rocket science. Both within Corel.

1. Alphabetically by customer. CDR files are viewable in thumbnail form if you select it.
    2. For art files unrelated to a customer I file within the Corel Draw clipart folders under the appropriate topic.

For viewing clipart there's a free program called RomCat which can be downloaded from Graphics Unleashed.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I'm not sure I understand, is it the LAN thats preventing you form viewing thumbs???

I have no issue with this. I can go from list view to extra large icon view and see everything.

But I don't use a server either, I have computers dedicated to their specific tasks around the shop.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

I use Thumbnail Explorer to view all my files. Will show cdr, pdf, esp, ai, and many other formats in thumbnails.

http://www.softfields.com/
    Corel Draw 9, 12, X3 Also a CNC Router user. Web page http://www.scrollsaws.com

Harry:
    I have a Windows network. To view files as thumbnails, I simply click on View/Thumbnails with the folder open. Does yours not function this way?
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

thanks for the replies guys.

Yes we have a network and all the graphic files are in the server. we are in the fashion jewelry industry and a lot of the artwork is very detailed and in corel format. viewing thumbnails in windows explorer is not enough. Just from the thumbnails alone we cannot identify a specific design. The problem is, sometimes we have a specific design which we want to pull up but we sometimes cannot trace the filename. Hence we need to search.

And looking at the thumbnails, does not give us enough detail to see which actual file it is. Maybe there is some sort of viewer that expands or zooms in the thumbnails? but wouldn't zooming in just pixelate it?

Romcat is ideal , it will show big thumbnails and allow searches.
    When you open in corel , it also allows "searches" on partial file names , if you type in "Ro*" for example , it will show all files starting with the letters "ro" and no others.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher