Thread: Porter-Cable Needs Product Testers

Porter-Cable Needs Product Testers

Has anyone else received an email from PC?

Dear Rich,

PORTER-CABLE wants to know what you think about your current power tools. If you'd like to be a part of our product development initiatives, please take the following survey to send us your information. If there is a Porter-Cable researcher in your area, we'll set up a time that's convenient for you to give us your feedback! The feedback you provide will help us develop power tools that are designed for what you want and need.

This survey will take approximately 10 minutes to complete. Please complete the survey by clicking the link below no later than 8:00 am on Monday, July 21st, 2008.

I find it interesting that after all these years they want my feedback on product development and new product research. I can't say that I am a big fan of PC since I have developed an affinity for German Green. I do own quite a bit of their routers, sanders, biscuit jointer, etc..

So I took the survey and it was your typical questionnaire. Has anyone ever participated?
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

If you replace "Porter Cable" with "DeWalt", I got the same email but declined the honor.
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS
    USA

I got the Porter Cable flavor message and did the survey. Have to see if anything comes of it.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I have for P-C and Delta. I didn't feel like part of the team.
    I got a cap from Jet for turning in my warranty registration.
    Gary

I also got the email from Dewalt about the P-C tools. Figured I had nothing to lose by taking part in the survey. Would not mind testing some new tools (like that would ever happen).
    Lori K

Yeah, I got the PC one. Deleted it. I would respond better to an invitation to come to a local seminar where I could try potential new models. The email sounded too much like the "handyman club" - all that was missing was the plastic bolt sizer!
    Mike
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

I have not gotten the honor but I would love Delta to ask me. I have a few suggestions for them, starting with where they can shove that service net site. I have a bunch of PC tools I like, best one is the old Porta Planer door planer that I hear they stopped making? Possible the best hand planer ever made, and they decide to discontinue it? Brilliant. What could a guy like me possible offer a firm like that in terms of advice?

I wonder how they would take the suggestion "Go buy some Festool, rip it apart, figure out how it works, make it a bit cheaper and send me one to test! I don't enjoy the taste of saw dust anymore."

I didn't get one from PC yet, but I got my HCA invitation to test tools today. And yes, I got the plastic bolt sizer too. How can I refuse!!!

I got nothing......

Testers

Deleted it. Figured if they want my opinion they can pay me for it. Like that's ever gonna happen.

Took the survey and when I got to the end they wanted more info than I was willing to give so I deleted!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Potter View Post
    Took the survey and when I got to the end they wanted more info than I was willing to give so I deleted!
    What most people don't realize is that many websites/companies collect a ton of info about you that you don't even know about. Trust me when I say this because I work work with very large databases and what companies collect is amazing. Entering your name and address online is very minor compared to using a credit card or even posting on the creek or other websites. Recruiters are always using google to look up info on potential hires. There are companies out there compiling everything they can about your Insurance claims, Financial data, store transactions, etc.. Do you have one of those little bar code key tab thingies for your local grocery store? they keep track of everythig you purchase and share it with their suppliers. Resitance is Futile.
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr