Thread: Another Creative Surge on the "Jointmaker Pro"- decorative cuts (yes, another video)

Another Creative Surge on the "Jointmaker Pro"- decorative cuts (yes, another video)

Bridge City Tools new decorative cuts video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTVKQgOqZSo&fmt=18

by the way,
    the moldings you see in the video were also done silently with a selection of BCT's planes.
    Last edited by Roger Savatteri; 07-17-2008 at 7:53 PM.

Okay, I'll be the first to admit that I'm seriously impressed. They all look REALLY good. I wish I could do any of that on my own.

On the other hand, the whole done without dust collection, hearing protection, etc . . . seriously, you can buy all of those things for the cost of the jointmaker and have some money left over. On a related note -- do they make the jointmaker without all of those things? They keep touting quiet woodworking, but are they manufacturing their tools without power and noise? No machining, grinding and the like?

I'll stop ranting now. I'll just go have a zen moment with my jack plane, because seriously, I really do find it relaxing to plane stock.

Cheers,

Chris

Very very impressive.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

I was saving up to upgrade my tablesaw, but, this looks like it might be a better option! (not that I am going to give up my current tablesaw, but having this as well would be quite useful)
    Mike
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

Chris, I think BC is trying to appeal to the ww who likes things quiet when they work.... to some, that is probably a selling point....for others, they just want the end product.

I am curious how well the Proxxon Mini Table Saw would match some of these cuts, as they both have a blade kerf of approx. .02". Its the tiny kerf that produces these interesting uses of cuts.....specially the wrap around 90 deg corner. A very clever idea.... John Eco. is not short on imagination! I don't mind a little noise... and < $400, much faster too...

Blog Entries
    I like the idea of a quiet tool without having to wire in the electrical.

It also seems to be able to do precise repeatable cuts with a minimum of set up.

And, it will never kick back a piece of wood at you.

my 2¢

jim