Thread: Delta 37-370 Jointer - heard of it?

Delta 37-370 Jointer - heard of it?

Does anyone know of this 6" jointer? I can't find any info on it?
    I'm considering purchasing it cheap.

Are you sure about that model number? It didn't come up on the Delta parts site.

How about describing the item beyond the 6" size?

It sounds close to the model number I have...

How cheap? Have you seen it? what motor? pictures?

The one I have is actually my buddy's that I'm housing ... same fella who I posted our discussion concerning True Squaring boards!!!

He paid $250 I think... it had a 110/220V Baldor motor in it... which I rewired over to 110...

Yep, that's the one.

Dennis, do you LIKE your buddy's jointer?

Word I hear is that 6" benchtop j'ers are just a waste of money that whet yr appetite for a free-standing 8"er.

Can you confirm or deny?

well - I might not be the right person to ask that wquestion to... I'm kind of at the beginning of my fine woodworking hobby... The jointer is new to me.

I think i'll have to use it a few years to later appreceate an "upgrade" to the wider ones... YOu know?

I have used it a couple times - and now I'm in the middle of tuning (abandoned a couple weeks ago when I started but got sidetracked with other stuff) - I hope to get it done this weekend.

When I used it, I thought it was really cool - and then thought I should just dive in and learn its in's and out's...

and my buddy might want his back eventually... OH BTW: its a DJ-15... is that what you are looking at?

I'll tell you what: when I did research on it, I got the feeling from reviews, and forumns and stuff, that folks really LIKE this machine...

One consensus was that they only wanted to get rid of it to get the DJ-20!!! Just to have that wider surface.

Sometimes, that price can be too good to pass... but I typically saw this at this price.

I also saw the Ridgid had one that people liked:
    Ridgid Jointer, 6" model JP06101

WELL - what do you know, I just saw one hit Craigslist in Atlanta, GA last night for $200... My buddy says that he wants his back like in a month, and I cried and said I could hold it til October... So that's why I'm motivated to look for a new one.......

anyone want to make comments about the Ridgid?