Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got me a DC...Yeah!!!!

First item under features

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Cruz View Post
    there are no such things a 1 micron canvas bags. its impossible. The specs for that machine say 30 micron
    http://www.deltaportercable.com/Prod...roductID=11492
    under both features and specifications tabs.

http://www.americanfabricfilter.com/fabric.php

Looks like 1 micron is indeed possible

I have and like the 50-760 very much. I added the Wynn canister (spun poly) recently for better filtration in my small basement shop. The dc is certainly capable of moving larger volumes of air than a 4" pipe provides so I plan to move to 5" soon.
    On the downside, the collection bag is quite small so if you produce a lot of chips ie planner, jointer, lathe etc, you will have to empty the bag often to keep the dc efficient, or add a separator to the line serving that equipment. If you let the collection bag get too full, ie > 2/3 or so, some of the chips/dust travels up into the filter bag and speeds the clogging of the bag (or canister) which quickly reduces the efficiency of the dc.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Cruz View Post
    there are no such things a 1 micron canvas bags. its impossible. The specs for that machine say 30 micron
    Are you looking at the design and specs for the Delta 50-760? It does have a 1 micron bag and certainly is not the same design as the HFDC. I have the HFDC and have upgraded it with a Wynn filter, but it's still not in the same performance class as the 50-760. When I bought mine 3 years ago, I was able to get it on sale for around $125 but I have not seen the HF unit anywhere near that price since. I don't think one could put together a HF unit and Wynn filter today for less than what the OP paid for the Delta, and it still would not suck as well as the Delta. Nice score Tony-you did well!

Good on ya Tony! I pulled the same trigger back in late May, and just returned from SoCal to find the rebate check waiting for me.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

5. Delta AP300

With all the opinions ,I'm looking to purchas a Delta AP300 for my garage which is about 16'X20' . I will be using to collect sanding dust when turning and maybe some cuttings, I usually sweep and vacuum the chips after and during if there is a lot. Would this be sufficient. I could also move it to my band saw when needed. It'll cost me under $150 on sale.

Got it!!!!!

Here is what was waiting on me when I got home.

The next picture is about 30 minutes later.

This thing is going to be great. It has lots of power and I think it will be able to keep up with me really well. I can't believe I've been putting off getting this thing. My shop will be so happy now that the dust will be controlled.

Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images

Josh,

Did you find some place that is selling the Delta 50-760 with a Microsoft Live discount of 25%?

If so can you please post a link. This is what I found:

http://search.live.com/cashback/prod...s/8055/3965286

If one could save 25% and then get a $50 rebate. WOW!