Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your "WOW" giveaways

What is your "WOW" giveaways

I will soon be joining a tradeshow for a certain industry that we are venturing into. I am preparing some cool acrylic calling cards. I will also be engraving stuff onto wood and make em into a key chain. I am trying to come up with items that I give away to potential clients. These items would also showcase the laser's capability.

I am wondering what you have made to "wow" your clients ?

If you can get a good idea of the companies expected to attend, come armed with keychains/etc. with their logos already on them.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Don't forget power of your name tag. As an engraver, you should have the best name tag there. I wear a custom cut name tag and the last business expo I attended got us several orders. It shows creativity and the versatility of lasering.

Attached are some that I've done recently.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ULS M-360 35W, Corel X3

I use Rowmark Flexibrass to make engraved and die cut business cards for myself , never fails to wow
    Ppl keep em and it demonstrates what the laser can do , instantly!!!!! Thats all you really need.
    Acrylic is too thick to keep in a card folder etc , flexibrass is just right
    Think about keytags : unless they are real high quality , ppl dump em , drawer em or use em for toilet keys , hardly ever on their main ring. If you do em small and ultra cool , like a small add on, you have more chance of em being used.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

San Jose, Ca soon to be Mariposa, CA "Gateway to Yosemite"
    Blog Entries
    Could you post these again, but his time save the text as curves. I don't have 4 of the fonts you used.
    Thanks
    [/SIGPIC] Epilog Mini 24 - 45 watt, 3 Melco Amaya's with DesignShop, Roland PC-600 Printer/Plotter, Roland Camm-1 and 1050 plotter and a 6 color 4 station screen printing press. CorelDraw X3,X4 and X5 plus PhotoGrav 3.0

oops, didn't think about that.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ULS M-360 35W, Corel X3

San Jose, Ca soon to be Mariposa, CA "Gateway to Yosemite"
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Hogarth View Post
    oops, didn't think about that.
    Thank you .... These are great. Thanks for the idea's.

Ron Thompson
    [/SIGPIC] Epilog Mini 24 - 45 watt, 3 Melco Amaya's with DesignShop, Roland PC-600 Printer/Plotter, Roland Camm-1 and 1050 plotter and a 6 color 4 station screen printing press. CorelDraw X3,X4 and X5 plus PhotoGrav 3.0

We stole the idea from the sample that Signwarehouse gave us. We found it the easiest way to get nametag business since it's eye catching and always results in every employee getting new name tags if they order. We pitch that it allows them to use a much larger logo than normal without giving the appearance of an oversized name tag and people dig that.
    ULS M-360 35W, Corel X3

Saving Fonts in the drawing

I learned a neet way to embed the fonts in the drawing last year at the Indy show. Select save as from the file menu and at the bottom of the screen select Options then check the Embed Fonts using Truedoc. Works like a charm in version X3

Stanley
    LaserPro Sprit 30 Watt...Corel X5..PhotoGrav 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Radaza View Post
    I am wondering what you have made to "wow" your clients ?
    Harry, my "wow" things are our business cards--lasered and cut from 1/32" Finnish birch plywood - they are thin enough to fit into a card case or a wallet, are very sturdy, and can, if one is so inclined, be engraved on both sides.

I also make bookmarks from the same material, and people just love them.

I always wear my name tag when I'm out and about on company business--it's a great way to show off what I can do.
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

I just sent a few to a potential new customer. I sent their logo engraved on oak, coaster size, and several business cards, some on laser thins, some on veneer.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

business cards

Would it be possible for you guys to post some pictures or your work.

Very impressed with the classy tag designs shown, and I 2nd Brian's request. Need to laser cut some business cards and maybe a name tag for myself and my helper for an upcoming scale models event.

I was going to just get some cards done up at Office Max, but after reading the posts in this thread and considering the technology we engravers have at our fingertips, I think it would be a bit odd to have a plain vanilla card!

Dave

You can find ours here: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=56735. It is the size of a regular business card, with the corners rounded about 5 degrees. The smallest type is 6 point. I run at 100% power, 50% speed, and cut at 7% speed on my ULS 40W machine. You'll get a little bit of soot from the laser; just clean off with floor wax or your cleaner of choice (the wax gives the card a nice sheen).
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

I don't use any of those things as most of my work is word of mouth. But the one WOW factor I do use. Is each Sunday I sit down and hand write thank you cards to my customers of that week (repeat or new customers, everybody that spent money with me that week) gets a card (on nice company logo'd card stock obviously....LOL).

It's an old school kinda thing, but quite effective if you can make the time.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1