Thread: Shop Fox Dealer in North Texas?

Shop Fox Dealer in North Texas?

I am new to the forum as far as posting goes, though I've been reading it for a while. I searched the forum, google and yahoo relentlessly yesterday trying to find a Shop Fox dealer in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. Does anyone know of one?

I'd like to take a look at some of their equipment in person and was hoping one might be open on the weekends as my work schedule has been such that I can't make it to stores that close early during the week. I know I can call shop fox tomorrow to find out their area dealer(s) but I was hoping someone might know one they worked with as well.

Additionally other than Woodcraft and Rockler I don't find very many woodworking stores in North Texas. Does anyone know of any others?

I had a hard time trying to guess where to put this thread, so if I placed it in the wrong forum, I apologize.

Welcome to the Creek, Nathan!! There was a General / General International dealer for a short time in the HEB area, but they left before I found a reason to be in that area to look them up. There is a place on Jacksboro HWY south of 820 on the east side of the road that has some tools. Maybe a mile south of 820. They mainly cater to builders I think. Lots of hardware, ladders, etc. There used to be a Texas Tool Traders out north of 820 on Rufe Snow, or was it Haltom Rd.??, quite a ways out. They were the last section of commercial area before you got into the Keller area. I don't remember seeing Shop Fox at either of these dealers, but it's been 5 years since I was at either one of them.
    If you find them, let us know. I hoped to be in the market for a cab saw by the end of the year, but it's not looking good for that at this point. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Try calling Woodstock International(parent company) at 1-800-840-8420. They can help you find a dealer in your area.

Well I called Shop Fox

And ....... In the metropelx the answer is Elliot's hardware, C & R Saw Shop, XYZ Machinery. None of which have any of Shopfox equipment in their stores. Elliot's did an upsell tactic with their other brands they carry, and the other two repeatedly bashed Shop Fox equipment and tried the upsell tactic. The quotes were pretty high with only Elliot's within reason. Whole thing turned me off, and I am not sure I'd buy any equipment from any of them. I wonder if Shop Fox knows how loyal their dealers are. So if I decide to go with Shop Fox, it looks like buying online is the best option.

While I'd prefer buying local, less and less is it working out. First rule of business is to make the customer comfortable. More often I am most comfortable putting my feet up and having UPS deliver, than listening to a salesman tell me how great x and its feature set is when I am interested in a completely feature set and repeatedly tell them that. Maybe it has been like this for ages and I just put up with it since there were no other options.

Stepping off soapbox.

whew.

Shop Fox

I may be a little late but Elliotts does carry some of the Shop Fox line in the store. Also Wood World (TI Blvd North of I 635) carries the Shop Fox brand.