Thread: Leveling feet for cabinets

Leveling feet for cabinets

I've installed several cabinets by building and leveling plywood bases, and I just installed a set of kitchen cabinets by shimming each cabinet independently (since they had toekick spaces cut out already). I'm about to build a set of cabinets for my basement and given my experience with previous approaches would like to try leveling feet. The ones at Rockler or Lee Valley look pretty similar. I've also seen people mention a brand called Camar and I was wondering if they supply Rockler or LV. So my question is--are all of these pretty much the same? Is there one type that is easier to work with or install?

I used some from Rockler and they are well made. I do suggest using something like these insert fittings to guide the allen wrench. HD plumbing 3/8 to 1/2; $.39 ea.
    Joe

They all work the same

We use various ones imported from Europe but all the brands work exsactely the same.

They do however come in different lenths, so just make sure you buy the correct lenth for your aplication as this impact on the final height of your worktop.

Hi, for shop cabinets I install 3/8-16 UNC Propel nuts in the base and use 3/8-16 UNC Hex head cap screws as the levelling feet. (I have a concrete floor so I'm not worried about pressure on the floor).

It's a lot cheaper than levelling feet, and you can purchase different length cap screws depending upon how flat your floor is.

Regards, Rod.

CS Hardware has inexpensive leveling feet. I throw the metal piece away and attach the plastic base with three #8 screws. Pop in the feet and reach underneath to raise or lower them.

If your cabinets are going along a wall, I'd recommend attaching a ledger (?) board along the wall. This gives a perfectly straight and level surface to set the back of the cabinet. Put the leveling feet under the cabinet front where they are easily accessible.

They make great temporary supports for upper cabinets too.

Quote Originally Posted by David Giles View Post
    CS Hardware has inexpensive leveling feet. I throw the metal piece away and attach the plastic base with three #8 screws. Pop in the feet and reach underneath to raise or lower them.

If your cabinets are going along a wall, I'd recommend attaching a ledger (?) board along the wall. This gives a perfectly straight and level surface to set the back of the cabinet. Put the leveling feet under the cabinet front where they are easily accessible.

They make great temporary supports for upper cabinets too.
    I've read elsewhere that some people like to use a ledger board for the rear. These cabs will go against a concrete block wall and I was hoping to minimize the number of things I attach to that wall since I will probably have to drive some screws through the backs into the concrete (or a ledger board). I think using feet for the rear might be easier for me than attaching a board to the concrete but I may be wrong.