Thread: Shop Tip - TS Accessory Tools

Blog Entries

Shop Tip - TS Accessory Tools

Although this is probably not a new or original idea, I thought I'd snap a photo and post as a shop tip. I was always looking around for the right alan wrench for miter gauge adjustments, torx head for my throat plate & 10mm ratchet for my riving knife.

I had some small rare earth magnets stuck to a wall cupboard and determined they would be better served on the side of my table saw, holding all the little tools that I am always looking for.... Why I didn't think of this earlier, I don't know.... but, now they are all right there, where I need them. Simple solution to an irritating problem.

I like it, thanks for sharing.

Sam

Thumbs up

Cool Tip...Great Idea!

My 22124 uses "5" different allen wrenches for adjustments and insert removal. I'll be using your suggestion right away!

Funny how the simplest things you never though of can make so much sense!

Thanks,
    Ted
    Last edited by Ted Torres; 08-10-2008 at 8:29 AM.
    Professional Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Torres View Post
    Cool Tip...Great Idea!

My 22124 uses "5" different allen wrenches for adjustments and insert removal. I'll be using your suggestion right away!

Funny how the simplest things you never though of can make so much sense!

Thanks,
    Ted
    Good ideas thanks for sharing.

Sure glad I have an old Unisaw for most work it only needs the 2 arbor wrenches.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Indeed, great tip. I use those magnets all over the shop. Holding the chuck key to the drill press is a favorite use of mine. Lee Valley sells one that looks like an hourglass. One side is stronger than the other so you can attach one side to it's home and it'll stay there when you pull the tool off. I was going to provide a link but I just looked on their site & can't find it.
    "If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably a wise investment."

The hourglass magnetic tool holders Rob mentions work great, and the magnet doesn't come off with the tools half the time.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...363,42356&ap=1

if you use strong enough magnets, with the ts act as a metal finding device for your wood as well?

I've been using them for this for some time now. Great for holding the chuck key on your drill press. They also work great for holding the collection bag in position on your DC while you're fighting to get the band clamp on. Just stick about five of them equally spaced around the outside of the ring and they are there when you need them.