Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any good alcohol punch type drinks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    I gotta copy and print this thread. Some of these drinks sound amazing!

Maybe it should be made an Article.,,
    Mike,
    I'm guessing it's a good thing that we don't have more Creeker gatherings. Heaven forbid we should all get together with our punch recipes! Seriously, the Bourbon Slush is a really good one for the summer. Of course, there are lots of other great ones listed here, but the Slush isn't on the fruity side. FYI, Bed Bath & Beyond sells a mold for making frozen shot glasses. They're wonderful, your drink gets chilled and there's nothing to throw away!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Russell View Post
    So Belinda - is this the voice of experience we hear ???
    LOL. . . Rob, I was born a dancing diva! (Not really, I have two and sometimes three left feet stone cold sober.) Nope, I'm the irritating woman who knows the words to every song and absolutely must share them with you. I typically take it easy at wedding receptions since it is impolite to attract more attention than the bride - which the off key singing tends to do.

As you said, back to the original question. I just thought of this one, but it isn't fruit based. We make these by the pitcher.

Midnight Specials
    One part Kahlua
    One part Godiva White Chocolate Liquer
    One part good quality Vodka
    Splash or two of Bailie's
    Two parts Half & Half (even better, if you can get your hands on "ice milk" ice cream base used in restaurants)

Blend, serve over ice, or not. You can also substitute Peppermint Schnapps for the Kahlua.

This might be a good drink for the ladies as some will take one look at it, do the calorie count, and have only one drink.
    Last edited by Belinda Barfield; 07-29-2008 at 2:34 PM.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Nope, I'm the irritating woman who knows the words to every song and absolutely must share them with you. I typically take it easy at wedding receptions since it is impolite to attract more attention than the bride - which the off key singing tends to do.
    You mean, until you've had an appropriate quantity of Chatham Artillery Punch ...

Spiked watermellon is great during the summer. Take large watermellon cut small plug hole in it just big enough to fit the top of a bottle of rum or vodka, put the mouth of the bottle in upside down. After the bottle is empty put the plug back in the mellon and then into the fridge for a day or two. Cut up and sever/eat or add to punch.
    I know it was here a minute ago ???

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Also known as "Hunch Punch" and preferably served from a plastic trash can. Wasn't the fruit the best part?!
    Yes, we did the trash can thing. My fraternity also had a ceremonial free standing bathtub we made "tea" in. the drain hole was always stopped up with a tennis ball! We pulled it out for major parties and the pre-school "rush" week parties. The best thing was watching the unsuspecting freshman get ploughed (not that anyone did underage drinking back then!). Yes, the fruit was dangerous. It soaked up a lot of alcohol, you could get drunk just eating fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pelonio View Post
    Geez, I thought it was bad when I was there at age 19 (that was the drinking age there in 1972) and they had free beer on tap inside the K-Mart store.
    that was the drinking age there well into the 90s. i went to high school in east texas and we used to drive to shreveport every weekend. as late as 94 or 95 it was still like that.