Thread: Grizzly 1035 shaper

Grizzly 1035 shaper

Anyone own the 1035? Good shaper for home shop or any other info?

I've got one, and my son has one. Although I don't use mine that often. If you decide to get one be sure to order the router bit chuck for it.
    The 1035 makes a super router table for big router bits.
    It's a biiiig mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize that you are in a hurry.

I bought mine used with all the accessories about 300.0 worth including extension table, 1/4 & 1/2 router adapters, dust collector fitting, the shop fox coping sled for 400 so for the price and what I got I am very happy with it but if i had not found this good deal I would have opted for a larger 3hp grizzly.

It's a great all around machine but nearly useless (IMO) without the extension table. Mine is permanently equipped with my panel raiser/back cutter tooling and handles it very well.

Ed

I've got one and it works great. I bought it instead of a router and table because it was way less expensive than having to buy a separate disignated router and router table. Plus you get a cast iron table top with the grizzly shaper.

It's a good unit mines around 10 years old now. Great for making raised panel doors,cope and stick joints. I extended the table on the sides, I found it a little small. The front table extension is a must. Plenty of power, the router the collet is a waste of time unless you have larger bits to run in it. Not enough speed for the smaller ones. Hope it helps.

Russ

To the OP, please forgive me for hijacking; I purchased this same shaper unsed from an estate sale. It only came with the miter gauge and the router bit adapter. My question is: should I order the fence assembly and the rest of the ancillary components, or should I just make a shop-made fence?

Ed

I have the G 1026 3hp and its a great machine.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 07-14-2008 at 8:30 PM. Reason: Offer to sell not permitted in forums

I have a G1035 and find it a heck of a lot of tool for the money. The limiting factor, however, is the spindle size. I am using mine to patter cut guitar bodies, mostly. There is only enough height on the spindle to accommodate 2" of cutter plus a rub collar for the pattern. To get a longer spindle you have to go to a bigger machine. But it does do pretty well for only 1.5 HP.
    Jack Briggs
    Briggs Guitars

I ordered the router bit chuck for mine. I since ordered 3 more collets. ALL are bad. The center hole is not centered. Off about .008" which makes a heck of a wobble. Grizzly has a nice machine, but that particular part will negate all the positives of the machine. I believe Rockler sells a good quality collet that will fit. I just havent taken the time or use my machine with 1/4" router bits.