Thread: Is there a "Free" video on cleaning a laser?

San Jose, Ca soon to be Mariposa, CA "Gateway to Yosemite"
    Blog Entries

Is there a "Free" video on cleaning a laser?

Does anyone know where there might be a "Free" download/video on the correct way to clean your laser?
    I have a 45 watt mini and just want to see the correct cleaning process. Could one be on You Tube?
    Ron in San Jose
    [/SIGPIC] Epilog Mini 24 - 45 watt, 3 Melco Amaya's with DesignShop, Roland PC-600 Printer/Plotter, Roland Camm-1 and 1050 plotter and a 6 color 4 station screen printing press. CorelDraw X3,X4 and X5 plus PhotoGrav 3.0

Cleaning laser

I would check and see if Epilog has one. Each brand of laser has it's own special things to clean and check and what will be useful for one will not be enough for another. I run Kerns and they have a very extensive section in the manual on how to clean them and I still sometimes call them on special cleaning issues.
    Sandee Force

A few dollars spent contributing to SMC will save you hundreds of dollars in time and materials.

Hope this helps...

Blog Entries
    Thank you Scott. This is what I was looking for, but I have an Epilog so I'd like to find a video on my unit and also I'd like to see information on the correct cleaning of the optics.
    [/SIGPIC] Epilog Mini 24 - 45 watt, 3 Melco Amaya's with DesignShop, Roland PC-600 Printer/Plotter, Roland Camm-1 and 1050 plotter and a 6 color 4 station screen printing press. CorelDraw X3,X4 and X5 plus PhotoGrav 3.0

Mini Training Video

Ron,

If you'll send me your email address (send it to jeanette at engravingconcepts dot com), I'll ask Epilog to send you a link, username & password for the new Virtual Training Suite (which has a section on machine maintenance).

Alternatively, shoot an email to your Epilog distributor and he'll be able to do the same thing for you.

There's also a maintenance section in your manual. If you've misplaced your manual, you can download it from http://www.epiloglaser.com/laser_manuals.htm.

HTH!
    Last edited by Jeanette Brewer; 07-30-2008 at 6:11 PM.
    Jeanette Brewer
    Engraving Concepts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette Brewer View Post
    Ron,

If you'll send me your email address (send it to jeanette at engravingconcepts dot com), I'll ask Epilog to send you a link, username & password for the new Virtual Training Suite (which has a section on machine maintenance).

Alternatively, shoot an email to your Epilog distributor and he'll be able to do the same thing for you.

There's also a maintenance section in your manual. If you've misplaced your manual, you can download it from http://www.epiloglaser.com/laser_manuals.htm.

HTH!
    Jeanette:
    Virtual Training Suite???? Is that available to all Epilog owners or what?
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Virtual Training Suite

Virtual Training Suite???? Is that available to all Epilog owners or what?
    Yes, it's shipping with all new systems and is available to any current Epilog owner. All you need to do is email me (OR your distributor) with your name, your company name & your email address. We'll get you signed up!

jeanette at engravingconcepts dot com
    Jeanette Brewer
    Engraving Concepts

Blog Entries
    Hi all, I just was given the logon and password to the new Epilog Virtual training Suite. Very good video's on setting up and maintaining your Epilog Laser.
    Also some video tutorials on using CorelDraw X4 and a few laser projects.

Epilog, this site is just what I was looking for. Thanks and it's great. And thank you Jeanette for passing this information on to us.

Ron Thompson

That is a great idea. I don't think ULS is doing this.

Ron if you look on the site, Peck posted a video demo of cleaning an Epilog engraver, very clear instructions
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender