Ok, so one of my first shop projects when I get to AZ will be to tune and Mod my Craftsman 22401 Steel framed band saw. In prep for the move, I took 20 minutes and moved the task light to the front of the saw, but I have many other plans as well . I plan to use it for ripping in place of the tables saw for safety reasons since my older 2 kids are getting more interested in helping me in the shop, so I plan to make a larger table for it as well as remove the bottom base and build my own a little lower than the one it came with. Although I'm 6'2", I have done some rips on it when rebuilding the stairs in my house and felt it was a bit higher than I would like. Ill probably distance somewhere in the middle of its current height and my tablesaw height, taking into account the table I build will likely be between 1 and 1 1/2 inches thick. (I don't resaw alot and this has an 8 1/4 inch capacity so I feel the loss of cutting height wont be a problem at all for me, and when it becomes one, Ill get a bigger saw ). Ill also be ditching the ghetto fence, and with the bigger table either building one, or putting a table saw fence on it...the only band saw fence Ive seen that looks like it will doi what I want it to is Laguna's new driftmaster...but for that price I could get a Unifence and still have enough left over for dinner and a movie )

Anyways, on to the question with the doors off, the wheels sit back in the cabinet about 1/4 inch, so using a straight edge to align them aint quite going to happen. My plan was to take a box level and use double stick tape to put equal sized pieces of wood at the top and bottom to clear the lips of the cabinet. I haven't found anything specifically adrdessing this in alignment, everything Ive seen seems to be geared towards C frame Band saws. Thoughts? Ideas?