Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oneida Remote

Remote is wonderful

Mine came free with my Gorilla. I have it mounted on a post on one side of my shop area and use it a great deal. I use the main switch only when I am in that area of the shop. I think Onieda might cut you a deal if you asked nicely.

Blog Entries
    i have a gorilla and made my own remote from a contactor switch and a Christmas light remote switch. Works great made from common replaceable parts for about $30. Got the idea from Dennis Peacock
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I got the remote when I got my Gorilla 3HP DC and I have had good success for over two years. I can't imagine not having it. I felt the install instructions were vague and as a result called their support twice until I was confident I knew what I was doing. For those who need it, I may still have some diagrams with photos in PDF format showing how to hook it up.

No help with a spare Oneida remote, sorry. The only way I could get the Lone Ranger to work with a 3hp DC was to jump the reset button. It works, but I am sure its days are numbered.

That X10 stuff is wayy cheap, but it works! (to a point!) I use X10 220V relays to power on and off the coil of real magnetic starters for my DC and RPC. The little remote has TWO on/off buttons on different channels. Neato!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

The 240 V X-10 has worked great for my dust collector for almost ten years -- however, that's not ten years for one switch. I generally get two to three years from a 240 V switch unit before it quits (I've never replaced the remote or the receiver units). I'm sticking with the X-10, but they do have a reliability problem.