Thread: PhotoGraV HELP ! ! !

PhotoGraV HELP ! ! !

I've been using Photograve for awhile, a couple of years not . . . and I may be really tired but I am just about ready to toss this computer out the window.

I cannot get my picture to export to PhotoGraV does anyone have any ideas what I might have messed up this time???
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

Zelma/James - if you are using 2.11 then the picture has to be greyscale and .bmp format. If your picture is a .jpg then it will not open even if it is greyscale.

If you are using the later version there shouldn't be any reason why you can't open it.

From Corel click on the image, export the file to (say the desktop for want of a location) export it making certain to use the drop down for file type and choose .bmp (for 2.11) or .bmp/.jpg for Photograv 3. Then open up your Photograv and choose the photo from the desktop. You cannot export it directly through to photograv - they are two seperate methods.

Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Ya! You can't even right click the .bmp and use the 'open with' command.. You have to open PG and 'load' the file..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

I have only been doing this for two years and have never had this happen before, but you were correct FRANK, absolutely. It was a jpg and following your instructions I finally got it to work. I thought exporting it from Corel usually converted it but guess I was wrong.

Thanks . . . you all are sooooo appreciated.
    God Bless,
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by James & Zelma Litzmann View Post
    I have only been doing this for two years and have never had this happen before, but you were correct FRANK, absolutely. It was a jpg and following your instructions I finally got it to work. I thought exporting it from Corel usually converted it but guess I was wrong.

Thanks . . . you all are sooooo appreciated.
    Zelma:
    For what it's worth..jpg's aren't the best for lasering if you can avoid them. Each time a jpg is saved, it loses more data due to the compression process. If you can get the picture into tiff, png or bmp format, you would tend to get better results in the long run.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Hey, thanks!
    God Bless,
    Texas