Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Dummy Question

Be sure and wear a face mask and watch where you put your hands. You can end of with hands stuck to other body parts and other objects before you even know it....or so I hear.

Gene O. Carpenter Guest

A Dummy Question

I don't know! I've seen it referred to , here on the Mill, as Super Glue, CA and some long chemical oriented name..I thought SG was SG and/or CA but different consistencies...That I've seen was in a small green and white tube like a tiny tooth paste container..If it dries on glass it's transparent and when scraped off it comes loose tiny little slivers.If you have it on fingers and they contact each other you're out of play for awhile...We used it to glue some refrigerator parts together and sometimes to reattach a badge or logo plate..

One things for sure though,, if moisture will cause it to cure/harden then it will surely do it here in NJ, about 1/2mile from Atlantic and 150 yards from Navesink River which empties into NY Harbor and is a tidal river..
    Gene

"Super Glue" is CA, but it's very thick (high viscosity). AFAIK they don't sell the thin stuff at Home Depot or the grocery store: the combination of watery consistency and hyperfast cure makes it a bit too twitchy for normal home repair use.

The think stuff is good for gluing on waste blocks or filling bug holes (like in ambrosia maple), the thin stuff makes a good instant-cure finish.

The medium stuff...well, I have no idea what it's good for. I think I still have the only bottle of it that I ever bought.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.