Thread: Soap

Soap

Did you ever have one of those times when you wondered about lasering something and how it would turn out.
    I thought it was going to cut it, instead it bubbled up and the lettering was raised.
    Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Bill, I have to be honest and say that I did this about a week after I got my machine, you know..... 'give it a go'. I got the same results, raised and not sunken which at first had suprised me. I mentioned it to a friend of mine and he said, "Haven't you ever microwaved a piece of soap?" - the result apparently is quite spectacular. I didn't try that though, I try to keep away from soap, it makes you smell nice.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

That looks just like the piece of Chicken I did a couple of weeks back.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Hines View Post
    That looks just like the piece of Chicken I did a couple of weeks back.
    What happened to its head, wings and legs? That must have been a weird looking piece of chicken

David
    Epilog Legend EXT 120 watt laser. ShopBot PRTalpha. Complete woodworking shop.
    CorelDRAW X3, PhotoGraV 3, VCarve Pro and Cut3D

NO wingz or head just breast

Quote Originally Posted by David Brasfield View Post
    What happened to its head, wings and legs? That must have been a weird looking piece of chicken

David
    Attached Images Attached Images

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Ah yeah but does it taste as good??????? huh???? huh??????
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

I guess I will have to see what happens when you microwave soap. I figured if I made something nice on the soap my wife would want to save it and not make me use it

Bill

When we got our Universal we did smiley faces out of baloney. Looked cute - tasted horrible.

Another interesting thing about soap though. We use it on leather and wood to mask with - get the bar a little wet and make the surface pasty then rub the soap paste on to the piece and laser away. Then just wash the soap residue off and you have a clean piece.

You can get the soap wet? Won't that make it go away? Seriously, going to have to try your idea about masking with it. The soap is still sitting there, makes a good conversation piece.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Morrison View Post
    You can get the soap wet? Won't that make it go away? Seriously, going to have to try your idea about masking with it. The soap is still sitting there, makes a good conversation piece.
    Bill
    Lol - just make the surface pasty and then you can rub the soap scum on the piece.

I really like what you did though - would be cool to give away some "custom" soap - cheap too :-)