I am in the process of cleaning and reconditioning a Rockwell/Delta model 34-338 table saw. My father purchased it in 1972 and it has given faithful service since then.

This summer I tore it down to repaint all the parts and free up the movement of the arbor bracket and carriage. Most of the work is completed now I am ready to begin reassembly. Installing the arbor with the new bearings should be interesting.

The toggle on/off switch is on my list for replacement as is the stock fence. Both are still good, however, so I'll probably keep using them initially.

The only parts I am having difficulty finding are the special hex screws which hold the stand together. The are 5/16-24 screws but have a special head which mates with a "dimple" in the frame. Some how two came up missing over the years. Any suggested sources for possible replacement would be appreciated.

I have seen several articles on aligning the saw but that will still be a challenging task given the location of the trunnion bolts. I was unaware of this requirement when I started and wondered why there was so much "slop" in some of the parts when I disassembled it.

Jim Fancher seems to have embarked upon a similar journey several years ago and I would be interested to hear how his turned out.

-- David in Carlisle, PA