Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football

SEC Football

Okay Lee, Gary, Nancy, and all you other SEC fans (particularly Dawg fans since I'll probably need a little help here). . .

Gimme' your best shot. Break out all your jokes, your memories of games where you kicked us in our doggie haunches, memories of your best times at an SEC game, etc. 11 days and counting to opening day!

Georgia-Florida games aside, one of my fondest memories of a Georgia game doesn't really involve the game. In the early 80s I loaded up with four friends one Friday afternoon and we headed up to Athens for a game. We stayed in a cabin at a nearby state park where a friend's uncle was the park ranger. Bright and early Saturday morning the uncle knocked on our door and told us to come over the his house for breakfast. We were less than enthusiastic to say the least, but got up, got dressed for the game, and walked over the ranger's cabin. We walked into the kitchen and before us was a a spread you wouldn't believe . . . the best french toast I've ever had, bacon, ham, omelets, homemade biscuits. . . it was wonderful. His wife must have been up hours cooking all that food. What I remember most though was the sense of welcome, sitting around their big table and feeling like family. All games days are glorious, but that one somehow seemed moreso, the sky was a little bluer, the leaves a little more golden, the air with just a bit more tang of excitement. I don't remember who we played that game, but it was a good day.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

You asked for it....

What's the difference between an Auburn home coming queen and a scarecrow?

One stands in a field and scares away birds, the other is made of straw.

Roll Tide Roll!

Okay folks, Bama is accounted for and is already abusing those poor War Eagles.

I think this sums it up pretty well

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...639#post652639
    Last edited by Belinda Barfield; 08-19-2008 at 9:43 AM.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

Lets not leave out the Vols, I goggled this one, didn't have a Vol joke on tap.

Q: Why do Tennessee fans wear orange all weekend?
    A: Because they can wear it huntin' on Friday, to Neyland Stadium on Saturday, and to pick up trash by the side of the road on Sunday.

Hmmmm.... Biggest SEC joke I can think of???

How bout this...

Nick_Saban (Large).jpg

You're paying him how much???? For what???

WAR EAGLE!!!!!
    Last edited by Wright Woodall; 08-19-2008 at 12:07 PM.

I prefer the Big Ten, but that is ok, I live DEEP in the evil SEC.

Talk about deep behind enemy line, I kept telling my crew here in Hawaii that they had not seen speed until they played a SEC team. They thought Hawaii actually had a chance against Georgia. I can't wait until they open against Florida.

Saban has never seen the sky - he is too busy looking for pennies on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Arceneaux View Post
    I live DEEP in the evil SEC.

Talk about deep behind enemy line, I kept telling my crew here in Hawaii that they had not seen speed until they played a SEC team. They thought Hawaii actually had a chance against Georgia. I can't wait until they open against Florida.
    I was waiting for you to weigh in Kevin. How dare you call the SEC evil? Them's fightin' words! I will say this though, them Hawaya boys was big!! Oh, and let me make sure I completely understand . . . are you sayin' a gator can outrun a DAWG?

Bella Terra

Yep, I heard a rumor that they wanted to add the SEC to the axis of evil. They had a Georgia grad working on it, but he kept breaking the crayon. Is it true that Uga beat out the cheerleaders in a beauty contest?

Wright,

You might want to change that to War Darn Eagle. I know it doesn't pack the same punch but that other word isn't acceptable per the TOS and the Mods are likely to axe it. Not trying to tell a feisty Eagle what to do, just a suggestion.

Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Wright,

You might want to change that to War Darn Eagle. I know it doesn't pack the same punch but that other word isn't acceptable per the TOS and the Mods are likely to axe it. Not trying to tell a feisty Eagle what to do, just a suggestion.

OOPS... let that one slip.

Getting a little excited about FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Brenda. I fixed it.

Wright

Go Dawgs!!!

Mississippi State DAWGS that is...
    I just hope Sly can pull another season out like last year. I enjoyed going bowling even if it was just to Memphis.
    I think I'm going to eat some fried chicken out of the back of my Tahoe in garage just to get in some tailgating practice...

Hey Peacock.......Get the hose.....I think we may have to break this one up....
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Don Carter View Post
    Mississippi State DAWGS that is...
    I just hope Sly can pull another season out like last year. I enjoyed going bowling even if it was just to Memphis.
    I think I'm going to eat some fried chicken out of the back of my Tahoe in garage just to get in some tailgating practice...
    Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Tailgatin' practice . . . you just can't get enough in before season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Hey Peacock.......Get the hose.....I think we may have to break this one up....
    Ken, I promise I'll try to keep it under control. Afterall, the SEC is made up of southerners and you know how polite we are. We just say things like, "Well, he had to go to Florida, bless his heart!" or "You know she was a cheerleader for Vanderbilt, bless her heart." Unless you were raised in the south you don't realize the phrase "bless his/her heart" is the sincerest form of pity one can express.

Gentlemen, and hopefully some ladies soon, let's not make the Mods work too hard.

Bella Terra

Belinda, what is the difference between UGA and a nursery school?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Arceneaux View Post
    Yep, I heard a rumor that they wanted to add the SEC to the axis of evil. They had a Georgia grad working on it, but he kept breaking the crayon. Is it true that Uga beat out the cheerleaders in a beauty contest?
    That can't be true 'cause everybody knows you get two crayons when you enroll. UGA is beautiful, but you have the story a little wrong. He beat the CLEMSON cheeleaders in a beauty contest.

Bella Terra