Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Arceneaux View Post
    Belinda, what is the difference between UGA and a nursery school?
    I give up Kevin, what is the difference (how bad is this gonna hurt!!)?

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

If you don't know the difference, how would I?

Now see Kevin, I didn't know you wanted a real answer. I just thought you wanted one that someone from Louisiana could understand.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

Belinda,

Well bless your heart! I was just funnin' ya!

Have the folks in the SEC ever heard of a football team from Boise State?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Belinda,

Well bless your heart! I was just funnin' ya!

Have the folks in the SEC ever heard of a football team from Boise State?
    You're a quick learner Ken! Are you sure you didn't go to Georgia?

Boise State, aren't those the guys that play on that hideously, blindingly blue field? And those uniforms . . . why I guess they just don't know any better.

Bella Terra

Here's my favorite SEC joke!

UGA is ranked #1.

LOL......hahahahaha...too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Leiwig View Post
    Here's my favorite SEC joke!

UGA is ranked #1.

LOL......hahahahaha...too funny!
    I'm glad you're getting lots of laughs off that. I hope you shed just as many tears at the end of the season when we're STILL #1.

Bella Terra

SEC...the best football teams money can buy...
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

You moderators have nothing to worry about. SEC grads get ornery, but its all in the family. 'Course, Gators are the leaders of the family.

One of my favorite memories was maybe 10 years ago when Gonzaga beat the Gators in the NCAA tourney. We had tickets for the weekend here in STL.

Being a Gator, I wore the flag even though we had lost in the previous round. Had a bunch of mid westerners hooting at me.

A large KY Wildcat family came walking by to their seats. Each and every one - from Grandma to the kids stopped and told me they were sorry to see the Gators out of it. That in a nutshell, sums up southerners in my experience.

One of my least favorite memories is Herschel Walker hurdling over defenders standing straight up to get into the endzone.

Or maybe when Memphis State beat us in the homecoming game. Unfortunately, I had brought my darling bride to the game. Who happens to be a Tiger. I was in grad school at the time at UCF and was sitting with a bunch of friends. I swear I was worried they were going to pass her up.

If you've ever been to the Swamp, you know what I'm talking about.

In my family, we have Memphis Tigers, LSU Tigers, Georgia Dawgs, MS St Bulldogs, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, TN Vols and, of course, The GATORS. There is a whole lot of woofin' goin' on at any given moment.

In my family, my wife and I are considered to have mixed marriage.

Go Gators
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Well, Belinda ... I have had MANY great memories. I have ( and still have ) season tickets to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, in the best venue of all...

I went to the 1996 National Championship game, and that is one of the top memories of them all.

I was at the 2007 Final Four here in ATL, its one thing to be at a Final Four, its another to see YOUR team win.

Beating georgia for an entire generation is special.

I wouldnt trade Saturday afternoons with 92,000 of my closest friends for darn near anything

Oh, two or three years ago, we rented a house for the weekend in the St Simons vicinity for Florida-ga weekend .... I think we were the ONLY Orange and Blue on the island. We went to a primarily bulldog bar after the game, and the bouncers said 'damn you guys have guts .. are you sure you want to go in there?" ... we had a great time. always watching our back, but alot of fun nonetheless ... they respect the courage if nothing else
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 08-19-2008 at 10:17 PM.

I remember Herschel Walker also. He got it handed to him by Penn State. Penn State just loves to play Heisman winners.

Another big "Go Dawgs" here too...of the maroon variety!
    Where will you be when you get where you're going? -- Jerry Clower

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Herrmann View Post
    If you've ever been to the Swamp, you know what I'm talking about.

In my family, my wife and I are considered to have mixed marriage.

Go Gators
    I've been to the Swamp, it's not a good place to be a Dawg, but it's always fun.

LOL . . . I'm friends with two couples who have mixed marriages as well (that's how they refer to them also). One, a Clemson guy and a Georgia girl, the other a Gator and a lovely lady from New Zealand who just doesn't get the whole college football thing.

Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Koepke View Post
    I wouldnt trade Saturday afternoons with 92,000 of my closest friends for darn near anything

Oh, two or three years ago, we rented a house for the weekend in the St Simons vicinity for Florida-ga weekend .... I think we were the ONLY Orange and Blue on the island. We went to a primarily bulldog bar after the game, and the bouncers said 'damn you guys have guts .. are you sure you want to go in there?" ... we had a great time. always watching our back, but alot of fun nonetheless ... they respect the courage if nothing else
    You're right about those Saturday afternoons. Isn't there just something special about being in the stadium. I swear you feel the excitement in the air in Athens.

You know, it wasn't losing to the Gators that I minded to much . . . it was losing to Spurrier. I just can't like him. Heck of a coach, heck of a jerk.

St. Simons is the place to party before the game. The whole is one big red and black cocktail bash, and yeah some orange and blue. It wasn't that they respected the courage, we just consider it rude to whip up on those who don't have enough sense not to walk into the Dawg House wearing a T-bone around their neck.

Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Koepke View Post
    Well, Belinda ... I have had MANY great memories. I have ( and still have ) season tickets to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, in the best venue of all...
    Season tickets. Oh man...

I think I need to visit my ex-roommate who still lives in Gainesville.
    Where did I put that tape measure...