Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SEC Football

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Clayton View Post
    georgia has the talent but needs to stop slacking.
    You hit the nail on the head Neal!!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

The Gators travel to Knoxville this weekend. I am hoping my bride will be very disappointed with the results. Guess thats what I get for marrying a Vol.

Go Gators
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Herrmann View Post
    The Gators travel to Knoxville this weekend. I am hoping my bride will be very disappointed with the results. Guess thats what I get for marrying a Vol.

Go Gators
    That should be a great game, and I'll be watching in hopes that your wife is very happy with the results!

I don't suppose there is a way you could both be disappointed. That would be the best! (Not that I want you to be disappointed, I just want both teams to lose!)

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

i would be fearful of tennessee, despite their upset in week 1 they have 3 solid running backs. if you aren't prepared to play D up front they will run over you, imo.

My darling bride was quiet during the game. Admittedly, I was surprised about the score. The Vols just seemed to implode. 'Course I don't feel too bad about it.

Go Gators.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Herrmann View Post
    My darling bride was quiet during the game. Admittedly, I was surprised about the score. The Vols just seemed to implode. 'Course I don't feel too bad about it.

Go Gators.
    Florida played well, as they always do. The Vols really seemed to lack heart. It was sort of painful to watch, as was the LSU/Auburn game. At least the Dawgs won, but with Bama riding the wave from their crushing of Arkansas they will be a tough opponent for next week. GO DAWGS!!!

Bella Terra

ESPN commentary yesterday said "the game was over when:" and then proceeded to show the punt return for a TD with oogles of time left IN THE FIRST QUARTER.

My best memories are fraternity BBQs held at the house right across from the stadium on game days. Just loads of good food and fun.

Go Gators!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

And how about those Dawgs Belinda?!? Great showing in AZ this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Davis View Post
    And how about those Dawgs Belinda?!? Great showing in AZ this week.
    It was a good showing Ben. Much better than previous games. Arizona's QB was much better than I expected. Stafford is still throwing a little long - particularly early in the game - but seems to be settling in. He'd better be with 'Bama next week, then Tennssee. I don't think we'll face the same Vols that the Gators played. I'm guessing Fulmer will have them whipped into a little better shape by them. Then, of course, those Gators aren't far behind. Will this be the year? Dawgs say YES!!!

Bella Terra

Sec

I love some SEC football. Whoever comes out of that conference alive will be lucky. Hopefully they'll be red and black, but if not I'll take any of the others over a team from another conference!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Fuller View Post
    I love some SEC football. Whoever comes out of that conference alive will be lucky. Hopefully they'll be red and black, but if not I'll take any of the others over a team from another conference!
    Watch your back Dusty, you've got a Gator over there in your neck of the woods! Maybe you and Lee Koepke can watch the GA/FLA game together.

I watched the game Saturday night with an AUBURN fan! Well actually, we were watching both Georgia and Auburn play. I let him sit at my table but I didn't buy him a beer. You gotta' draw the line somewhere! He's actually a really good friend and I don't hold his team alleigance against him. He's from Alabama afterall so he just don't know no better. (Yes critics, I realize I just broke all of the grammar rules.)

Bella Terra

Argh... I'm so glad LSU squeeked out the win over Auburn.

I'm 100% behind you Dusty. Any SEC team in a bowl game gets my cheer... maybe not Tennessee, but I haven't had to worry about that too much lately.

Welcome Zack! I take it you are a Razorbacks fan. It's mighty brave of you to make such a statement with your first post.

Thanks for joining in!

Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    (Yes critics, I realize I just broke all of the grammar rules.)
    We ain't got no need fer no grammar in no football nohow

Go Gators