Thread: Dust Collection Once Again

Dust Collection Once Again

I had requested the info packet from Oneida a couple of months ago, which of course came with a price sheet. I'm about ready to order, so pulled up there website, and it appears the prices have gone up $200 - $300. I'll probably call them tomorrow to see if they will give me the original price....but, if they don't, I very well may go somewhere else.

I'm a hobbiest and realize I'm over engineering my needs somewhat, but that's the size I want to go with. My question: I was looking at the 3hp Super Gorilla; would I lose much in capability if I went to a liked size Griz model?

There was a review from American woodworker or similar which tested and found the JDS, Oneida and Grizzly as the better machines. I think they tested about 9 machines.

I would not hesitate to buy a Grizzly Cyclone. Performance will largely depend on your duct size, elbows and how much flex hose you use.

I just got through replacing all my 4" system with 6" pipe and very short lengths of 6" flex hose. Dont have it running yet.

After evaluating them at IWF, I think it is a toss-up. I think it really comes down to brand name preferrence.

I have settled on Grizzly as they include a remote switch that I will rely on because of location, and the included internal filter brushes so I don't have to use a blow gun or smack the filter to knock the dust loose.

At IWF, Grizzly had a 3HP model connected to about 5 or 6 widebelt sanders. By the end of the show, there was only a few tablespoons of dust in the filter bag.

-Greg Stahl

Have you thought about

the Clear Vue Cyclones. I have one and love it. Used six inch PVC piping throughout the shop, which is a breeze to work with and make changes if needed. Ed Morgano is a pleasure to work with and I'm sure he would answer any questions you may have. They have a great web site.

Good luck on your choice.

Roy Hill

Smile Oneida's "extra mile" customer service

I went to the Atlanta show mainly to decide what kind of DC to buy. Woodworking is my new hobby and I am in the process of setting up the shop in a two car garage. After looking at several available options I decided to buy Oneida's new V-Cyclone. Oneida had show special pricing on their products at the IWF show. That was the easy part.
    The difficult part was to get my new cyclone (and Dust Deputy) to the van. Well, Oneida Team solved this problem for me. At the end of the show, despite having a lot of work with packing their booth, they took my cyclone apart, hand carried it from the show's building floor to my vehicle and securely put it in. All I had to do is open the door.
    One might say that they "went the extra mile".
    Thanks Oneida.

Les Zielinski

Don, Oneida just did the price increase. It's either that or they had to consider sourcing non USA produced components, etc. They did have some IFW specials, but there is an expiration date. Check their Manufacturer's Forum here at SMC for details.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...