Thread: Delta air cleaner pocket filter

Delta air cleaner pocket filter

Does anyone have an alternate source for pocket filters other than Delta? I would like to replace my pocket filter (50-859) for a 3sp Delta Air cleaner and was looking for an alternate source.

What's wrong with the Delta filter? I have that same 3 speed Delta air filter and replace the inner pocket filter about once a year. I usually keep a full set of extra filters on hand, but my local Woodcraft carries them and I see that Amazon also has them in stock Delta 50-859 3-Pocket Inner Filter for Delta AP200 & 50-875

Grainger may have something that fits, but it may not be enough cheaper to be worth the hassle-if its cheaper at all.

I get my pocket filters through my local HVAC dealer. They have an identical filter, except that it has a thick (~1/4") wire edge instead of the square channel -- at a significantly lower price. We found it for an air-cleaner-like return air plenum we were fabricating for the heat-pump in my shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Cannon View Post
    I get my pocket filters through my local HVAC dealer. They have an identical filter, except that it has a thick (~1/4") wire edge instead of the square channel -- at a significantly lower price. We found it for an air-cleaner-like return air plenum we were fabricating for the heat-pump in my shop.
    You don't happen to have a name brand or model number of that filter?

How does one know when to change the filter?
    I put a couple of ribbons in the exhaust area and try and detect how much air is coming through but still am unsure when to change the one in my General.

The pocket filters I got from Grainger are deeper than stock Delta ones. But they probably make several depths, depending on the required amount of air flow.

I am located in Canada and Delta wants $86 for their filter. I am going to see what the shipping is from filters-now dot com. Under their industrial filters tab they have multi pocket bag filters. The 12x24x12 pocket filter at 95% efficiency runs just under $18.00. I am not sure how that compares to the original filter but it is a lot cheaper.

Wayne has let the secret out. Use any local HVAC air filter shop for replacement filters for your air cleaner.

Just tell them you want a 12x24x18 (or what ever your bag measures) three pocket bag filter and let them either pull from stock or make it up (they do that) or they might find some left over from another job.

And the pleated pre-filters the same way: 12x1x24's (or what ever they measure).

The replacements from Delta are an insane rip off. Hope that's not too rash a statement. Last time I stocked up I mentioned the Delta price and the lady laughed out loud. Cut your cost or get three/four/five for one.

And brand doesn't matter, just get a 90% (or better) filter. Just tell them it's for dust filtration.

I've avoided changing thousands of the darn things in commercial buildings and hospitals, if experience matters. Always found something more important to do.

Tom

Tom, thanks for the recommendation. I found a couple of Air filter companies that have 95% efficiency pocket filters on hand in the $19 range that fit the delta air cleaner. They almost fell over when I told them Delta wanted $86.

11. HELP!!!! Need a filter

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Beko View Post
    Tom, thanks for the recommendation. I found a couple of Air filter companies that have 95% efficiency pocket filters on hand in the $19 range that fit the delta air cleaner. They almost fell over when I told them Delta wanted $86.
    Need help finding where you purchased the 3 bag filter for your Delta 50-875 air cleaner. Im in Ontario as well and can't believe what Deltas charging
    Any help would be much appreciated Rick
    Thanks
    Trevor

Hi Trevor, unfortunately I am no longer in the hobby but I bought two filters from Bahnair that were 12x24x12 4 pocket rated at 95% efficiency for $30 cash....but that was 6 years ago.

Bahnair Of Canada Ltd

147 Eddystone Ave, North York, ON M3N 1H5

Good luck

I was told by a rep from Delta there is no need to replace them. He said just wash them out.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    I was told by a rep from Delta there is no need to replace them. He said just wash them out.
    Well that is certainly interesting.

And very helpful!

I recently bought filters for my Jet filter from Wynn. http://wynnenv.com/ambient-filters/ I see they do offer upgraded filters for Delta. I didn't compare prices but it came with two bags and 6 American Airfilter prefilters shipped in one box. The filters are definitely a better grade than what came on the unit.